Honored Contributor

Re: We moved and it's a beautiful day

On 3/30/2015 RetRN said:

I am so pleased that you are happy in your new place. it will be nice for both you and your daughter to have each other to share tasks with. Don't worry about unpacking, you have time to proceed at your own pace. I am happy to hear that you will be celebrating Easter with family. Have a nice time.

We are sharing tasks and sharing expenses. I don't know why it took my brain so long for the light bulb to show up. She had been getting more and more desperate and then it came to me what to do. Within five weeks we found this place.

Thank you RetRN!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 3/30/2015 dobiesrule said: Ford, l always enjoy your posts. You are a neat lady. A foxy one, too, per the picture you posted! So glad the move is behind you and you are away from the hammering neighbor. The apt sounds lovely and just what you and your daughter needed. I hope both of you have many years of happiness there!

I am not looking too "foxy" these days, dobiesrule! Even though I am very limited in what I can do physically, this move has exhausted all of us. My little daughter is limited in what she can do, she tires very easily, as I do. Moving two households into one, a lot of stuff had to go to Goodwill, some thrown out, and a lot is in storage. I am so thankful for my other two daughters who did almost everything from packing to cleaning, to driving stuff back and forth that was small enough to fit in their cars. I did all of the "arranging," movers, Comcast, ordering shades, getting utilities changed, etc., things that would take time, but not physically demanding.

I have not had a shower in days because I need a handheld shower head and we have not been able to get it attached yet because so much else has taken precedence. I am taking basin baths like we did as kids, which I do sitting down as I can't bend over.

But, whew!, all that will be over soon. We are here and can go at a slow pace. I am not going to order groceries until the kitchen is set up, so we are eating not so healthy (pizza).

Thank you for your good wishes and kind words!! Smile

Baby wipes ROCK for in-between hygiene and refreshment, JSS. Always keep a tub and large refill pack around; there's tons of uses. 8)

Pizza is a mandatory moving nourishment law, BTW. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 3/29/2015 serenna said: How exciting, I can tell your thrilled CONGRATULATIONS!

Yes, we feel we are going to be very happy here. I am enjoying seeing my little daughter be excited about something and smiling again.

Thank you so much!!

Your welcome, I believe it's the family that makes a house your home. Have fun making it your own and making new memories Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 feline groovy said:
On 3/30/2015 dobiesrule said: Ford, l always enjoy your posts. You are a neat lady. A foxy one, too, per the picture you posted! So glad the move is behind you and you are away from the hammering neighbor. The apt sounds lovely and just what you and your daughter needed. I hope both of you have many years of happiness there!

I am not looking too "foxy" these days, dobiesrule! Even though I am very limited in what I can do physically, this move has exhausted all of us. My little daughter is limited in what she can do, she tires very easily, as I do. Moving two households into one, a lot of stuff had to go to Goodwill, some thrown out, and a lot is in storage. I am so thankful for my other two daughters who did almost everything from packing to cleaning, to driving stuff back and forth that was small enough to fit in their cars. I did all of the "arranging," movers, Comcast, ordering shades, getting utilities changed, etc., things that would take time, but not physically demanding.

I have not had a shower in days because I need a handheld shower head and we have not been able to get it attached yet because so much else has taken precedence. I am taking basin baths like we did as kids, which I do sitting down as I can't bend over.

But, whew!, all that will be over soon. We are here and can go at a slow pace. I am not going to order groceries until the kitchen is set up, so we are eating not so healthy (pizza).

Baby wipes ROCK for in-between hygiene and refreshment, JSS. Always keep a tub and large refill pack around; there's tons of uses. 8)

I have been using cleansing wipes, but I do think baby wipes are larger, so I will put them on my shopping list.

We are right next to (trees and bushes and a hill in between) a great shopping center. They have everything (it's not a mall). The pizza place there has excellent thin crust, light on the sauce and cheese, crispy pizza . . . the kind I love.

We will get there, slowly but surely.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Ford, wonderful to read that you are settling in. It's also great that you are accessible to everything without necessarily having to drive to it.

I wish both you and your daughter years of happiness and good health in your new home.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Ford, wonderful to read that you are settling in. It's also great that you are accessible to everything without necessarily having to drive to it.

I wish both you and your daughter years of happiness and good health in your new home.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Thank you SR. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Ford1224 said:

I have been using cleansing wipes, but I do think baby wipes are larger, so I will put them on my shopping list.

We are right next to (trees and bushes and a hill in between) a great shopping center. They have everything (it's not a mall). The pizza place there has excellent thin crust, light on the sauce and cheese, crispy pizza . . . the kind I love.

* You'll love 'em. My own favorite are the larger "Huggies One & Done Refreshing Cucumber & Green Tea" (plus aloe) wipes, followed by the good-sized "Huggies Soft Skin" (with shea butter) ones.

* Mmm... Jersey pizza: what's not to love? It's extra fortunate to have a terrific shopping center so close, and one that includes fabulous pizza.

* Yep; 'one thing at a time' is the best and least-stressful attitude when it comes to a new home.

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 feline groovy said:

* You'll love 'em. My own favorite are the larger "Huggies One & Done Refreshing Cucumber & Green Tea" (plus aloe) wipes, followed by the good-sized "Huggies Soft Skin" (with shea butter) ones.

* Mmm... Jersey pizza: what's not to love? It's extra fortunate to have a terrific shopping center so close, and one that includes fabulous pizza.

* Yep; 'one thing at a time' is the best and least-stressful attitude when it comes to a new home.

There are boxes everywhere and the ones I need are in places I cannot reach. I am not going to sweat it though (I'm rather OC about such things, but I realize there's nothing I can do). Plus my youngest daughter who packed up my apartment packed like we were moving to France. Even the movers remarked about those boxes!! LOL {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 3/31/2015 feline groovy said:

There are boxes everywhere and the ones I need are in places I cannot reach. I am not going to sweat it though (I'm rather OC about such things, but I realize there's nothing I can do). Plus my youngest daughter who packed up my apartment packed like we were moving to France. Even the movers remarked about those boxes!! LOL {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Contributor

I'm glad the move went smoothly. Enjoy your new home.