Honored Contributor

Re: We have reached a sad milestone

@suzyQ3 wrote:

We have some interesting tangents going here. I guess that's inevitable.

My fears centers on the numbers right now -- how they can grow exponentially due to how contagious this virus is. The number of people who can become infected from just one carrier.

To those asking about my daugher, son-in-law, and two grandchildren who have this virus and of course are self-quarantined, thank you. Other than my daughter who still has a slight fever, they are doing much better.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that your family has the virus, @suzyQ3.   I didn't know.   My heart and prayers go out to you and your loved ones, and to the medical professionals working to help them and to help everyone.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I have a feeling that many are expressing their fears and their hope here. Maybe it might be best to ignore the very few who want to argue. Just a thought.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have a feeling that many are expressing their fears and their hope here. Maybe it might be best to ignore the very few who want to argue. Just a thought.

Amen, @suzyQ3.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Please stop with the spin, @Blahblahvampemer.  The two situations are not the same.  Below is an excerpt from fact check dot org.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were about 60.8 million cases of infection with the novel type of influenza virus in the U.S. between April 2009 and April 2010, with a total of approximately 274,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths.

While that death toll may sound high, it’s over an entire year and, in fact, ended up being far lower than was initially expected. The strain of influenza also turned out to have a case fatality rate of just 0.02%well below even many typical seasonal influenzas.

Everything that’s known about the new coronavirus so far suggests that it’s an entirely different beast than its most recent pandemic predecessor. Peter Jay Hotez, a professor and dean of the tropical medicine school at Baylor College of Medicine, told us that the new virus, which is known as SARS-CoV-2, is considerably more transmissible and more lethal than H1N1.

For those reasons, he said, “the urgency to contain this coronavirus is so much greater than the H1N1 2009 one was.”

No spin, just facts.  Some of the top doctors in the world are saying, when they're not silenced, that we're overreacting.  The vulnerable can be protected without destroying the world economy and risking a depression.  Health is not created through poverty.  

Things sure would have been different if China hadn't lied for months.

Who are these top doctors and who is silencing them? Since you say these are facts.

And if they're silenced, how can anyone know what they are saying?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Sorry @suzyQ3 , I should have ignored it's just so difficult when people just throw things out there. I'll see if I can delete it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Sorry @suzyQ3 , I should have ignored it's just so difficult when people just throw things out there. I'll see if I can delete it.

No worries, @Greeneyedlady21 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

We have some interesting tangents going here. I guess that's inevitable.

My fears centers on the numbers right now -- how they can grow exponentially due to how contagious this virus is. The number of people who can become infected from just one carrier.

To those asking about my daugher, son-in-law, and two grandchildren who have this virus and of course are self-quarantined, thank you. Other than my daughter who still has a slight fever, they are doing much better.

@suzyQ3 It is what you are going through, your family...others going through same...that is the heartbreak, that matters.  You are walking the walk.  Shutting off all the outside noise, what matters is each and every individual who is sick. People want to argue about whatever.  Until it is their own backyard and then all that matters is those you love.  And who are sick.  Sending so much positive everything your way...to you, your family❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Half the cases in our city involved travel.....The news about this virus thing started back in January and yet people went on their vacations in Europe and elsewhere that had already seen virus cases develop in those countries. SMH..Woman Frustrated.    A couple cases were even told to self quarantine but they didnt they went all over town...one even went to a day care....one came from Spain, one from Japan.....

And some idiots arent obeying our Mayor's directive to stay home unless its to the doctor, or grocery store....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Who knew something like this could happen.  People need to take this seriously.  I have been in my apt. for over 10 days as I developed Bronchitis and was very sick. I took my last antibiotic today.  My dr. extended my antibiotic 4 days.   I am just about back to normal and I am taking no chances with this Coronavirus.  Stay healthy and stay safe.

P.S.  I ordered a black mask that protects you against bacteria, virus, dust, other allergens.  I will hopefully have it by Monday.  I have to take medicine that suppresses my immune system so I am susceptible to infections, etc. easily.  I paid $29.95.  It's made in the U.S. in California.

@Katcat1 

Bill Gates, for one.

Honored Contributor

My state of California has just predicted that at the rate we are going, will see over a million cases in the next few weeks. I believe they said that is one in ten people.