Honored Contributor

Re: We have reached a sad milestone

@Sooner wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Keep in mind our population is much larger so we should be well above the smaller countries.  It's just simple math.

@Katcat1 Feel better soon!  ❤️

Our population is not larger than China.

@Porcelain You believe China?  If so, I have lovely lake-front property to sell you at a GOOD Woman Wink deal!!!

I never said I believed China. I just know they have more people than we do. That's basic Almanac information.

I think there are many countries that are underreporting, probably including ours to be realistic. The simplest way to underreport is to limit testing. Which we are doing to our detriment. We should be the good example to the world.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

As more testing becomes available, more positives for the Coronavirus will happen. The medical doctors said so. Dr. Fauchi, Dr. Birx. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner, the U.S. and China are not even close in population. Check out both on worldometer.com.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Is anyone really surprised?

Honored Contributor

Any arguments aside, it is a still a grim and frightening milestone.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3  Here's the latest from the CDC on the seasonal flu that we get every year:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

flu.png

Trusted Contributor

I live in a rural area and one positive test has come out of our county. What ppl around here are not paying attention to is that hardly anyone was tested. I'm confused as to how many ppl are asymptomatic while carrying the virus, I don't know that anyone has this info. Our essential workers, who we depend upon every day, could be infected. Where are the tests? They said they've developed a test that could give results in 15 min., great, we need them now.

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

And, how many more, if testing was more readily available? This is, indeed, a sad milestone.

Right on, @BlueFinch. For some reason, although we knew this was coming, my state is so short on tests its ridiculous. And some folks are haivng to wait 2 weeks to get the results. Other, who have started using private labs are getting results in a few days.

This is the biggest, scariest, ugliest mess I have ever seen. And they say we haen't even peaked yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I just checked worldometer, and China has a population of 1,439,323,776 

vs.

U.S. has a population of 331,002,651.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Any arguments aside, it is a still a grim and frightening milestone.

Yes, it is.  When my parents and grandparents talked about epidemics they faced in their lifetimes, I would think that was in the distant past, and I didn't have to worry about it happening to me or my family