Honored Contributor

We have been watching the Pittsburgh eagle cam...

A pair who mated and raised one baby last year have 3 now - the last egg hatched today. They are so majestic and beautiful to watch. This story has been on the national news because there used to be a lot of eagles in the area but industrialization drove them away and now with the steel industry essentially gone from the 3 rivers of Pittsburgh the eagles and a lot of other areas of nature are returning to the area. As harry Smith said on the news last night " if you can make it here...." They are so much fun to watch - they seem to have had their wings full with 2 babies now they have 3 - it is going to be a long summer for them.
Regular Contributor

Re: We have been watching the Pittsburgh eagle cam...

Could you post the link?

Honored Contributor

I uploaded Ustream to my tablet and then searched for the Pittsburgh Hays eaglecam.
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Contributor

I live here in Pittsburgh and this city is crazy for this eagle family. It is so fascinating to watch them care for these babies. They are excellent parents.

Honored Contributor

They are so popular that there is some concern about when it gets warm enough for people to be out boating that so many boats willbe near them that dad won't be able to go fishing. The game commission is going to have to address this issue.
Valued Contributor

Bald Eagle Cam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Respected Contributor

One of the Decorah chicks hatched yesterday morning, I just watched mom feed him/her fish brunch. So tiny, there are some very cute pics of the little fl uff ball on the Decorah Eagle facebook page too... Smile

Unbelievable we cant use the word fl uff here.

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2014 SeaGal said:

One of the Decorah chicks hatched yesterday morning, I just watched mom feed him/her fish brunch. So tiny, there are some very cute pics of the little fl uff ball on the Decorah Eagle facebook page too... Smile

Unbelievable we cant use the word fl uff here.

Hope they have better luck this year.....

Respected Contributor

Maggie, I hope they do too. First we are hoping they are all able to hatch due to the many sub degree temps they had this winter. It was a relief to see this little guy for sure! Smile