Honored Contributor

Re: We have a lot of eagles in my neighborhood.

Magnificent!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D - Thank you for the beautiful pictures. Eagles are my favorite birds to watch and photograph. They just take my breath away. We have several pair in our area and I love when they do a "flyover".

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D Beautiful, thanks for sharing.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That second shot is magnificent!

As near as I can recall, the only time I've seen eagles was when I was in Alaska.   It was so amazing.

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D  Amazing photos! The second one is incredible.  To see this beautiful Eagle up close is so special thank you!

Honored Contributor

Wish I could take credit for the photos, but I saw them on Next Door. Some members here told me I might find help for work I need on the site, so I went on and joined. My neighbors had posted many eagles photos taken in my development and developments close by. My neighborhood is designated as a bird sanctuary. 

What's cool about the eagles here is that they don't fly away when you are nearby. They just hang out doing their thing. 

Trusted Contributor

I saw my first Bald Eagle in 1976 in Colorado while on a backpacking trip.  It was soaring at a distance away.  At that time they were so rare that I really thought it would be the only one I might every see. Now we have them in my own Iowa community.  Yes, conservation has been very successful.

Frequent Contributor

I do also have a few. Corny,I know, but they make my heart soar !

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 In fact they are everywhere.  The Wall Street Journal just printed an article that eagles have made a great comeback  I live in an area where the eagles and their nests were protected over the last five years in an isolated canal path. Today, we can see them in my community even in strip malls.  They have acclimated well.

Honored Contributor

@tobes    They've been seen in Albuquerque in the big Cottonwoods along the Rio Grande.  I saw one several years ago sitting atop a tree in Colorado.... Now that was a thrill.  Saw a million of them in Alaska. 

Where do you live? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment