Esteemed Contributor

Re: We have Sirrus radio in the car

I have lifetime subscription in one car and a yearly subscription in another car.  We have almost 200,000 mi on lifetime subscription car.  Either we listen to the Blend of CNN.

Respected Contributor

The service is called Sirius XM.  I just renewed it last week on DH's car.  He loves it.  Their list price is too high.  You can call and negotiate a lower price.

Honored Contributor

My husband has Sirius in three of his cars.  He also takes the face plate with him and listens on our boat and he also has a portable player that the face plays works on.  Where ever he goes, he listens to the 50's music..sometimes the ..60's.

i prefer mostly silence.  I have been listening to the 50's everyday since I met him...I was 15 at the times so that Is 50 years.

In my car I sometime listen to soft rock on FM radio or Mendelssohn on my CD player if I feel like I need some noise.  I used to listen to Kenny G, but I tend to drive too fast getting lost in  the music.  I love me a good saxophone.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have sirius too but i dont use it much. Occasionally, i'll turn up to bpm or chill but i find myself changing stations. I do enjoy listening to Elvis, it reminds me of when i was so much in love. Smiley Happy 

Usually, I just keep my radio on new country and skip every now and then. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

I have a Bee Gees CD playing over and over and over again while driving. I don't think I can ever get a new car because I don't think they put CD players in cars anymore..or maybe they do, I hope so.

I agree!  They use to allow up to 5 CD's and now just 1.  What's the matter car builders?  I miss that too.  

probably because no one is buying CDs anymore. i love my satellite radio and i like having an aux cord outlet and bluetooth. cannot even remember the last time i put a CD in my car.

we have sirius on all of our cars plus i have it streaming on my phone and computer. great when i am on the beach or waiting for an appointment.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I love my Sirius radio in the car. I also added it to my phone because when I visit my Mother, she blasts the TV all day and night, tough to take.  It saves me...

Respected Contributor

I don't use Sirius for music.   I use it for CNN, MSNBC, all of the ESPN channels and HLN.

I don't want to hear music I grew up on and if I do want music , I'll listen to my iPhone playlist that has recent music that I like on it.   

Trusted Contributor

I just drove home blasting September by Earth Wind and Fire.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree...the Yacht Rock channel is awesome on Sirius!  If you like Summer-themed, easy breezy, relaxing music. 

I love to blast Richard Marx songs, especially Endless Summer Nights. Also, love to blast ANYTHING Bee Gees and Andy Gibb's, "I Just Want to Be Your Everything."   Old classic Madonna like "Where's the Party" and love songs like "Crazy for You" and "Take a Bow."  Then I like to swtich it up and play country classics from Trisha Yearwood like "Believe Me Baby I Lied" and Garth Brooks (too many to list).  Then I go to classic rock like Meatloaf, Eddie Money and Hall & Oates and the list goes on and on and on.  LOL!

Trusted Contributor

I've had Sirius radio for a few years now.  NY radio used to be the best, but not anymore.

I love 60s on 6, 70s on 7 and 80s on 8.  My favorite is channel 54 - Studio 54, brings me back to my dance days.  I listen to everything between soft rock to the comedy channels and Siriusly Sinatra of course.

One day on my way home from work on the comedy channel were bits by Brian Regan, Seinfeld, Lewis Black and Jim Gaffigan, all in a row.  Anyone who looked into my car as I drove would have thought I was insane.