Esteemed Contributor

Re: We had a strange and somewhat frightening event happen to us today!

I am glad to hear that both you and your husband are ok. That would have shook me up as well.

I just have no comment on Society anymore. People are just straight up nuts. 

Respected Contributor

With all the gun violence in this country, pretty soon we will all be wearing bulletproof vests and driving armored cars.

Valued Contributor

How frightening that must have been.  It is such a different world than I knew.  I worry about my grandchildren growing with so much anger and violence.  Happy you and your husband are OK.

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl, they caught the one who ran into our garage because he was stupid enough to walk down the street as if nothing happened. our neighbor was in his yard and witnessed the whole incident and identified the idiot when the police arrived.  as far as I know the others were not apprehended.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

How much gun violence can this country take until gun laws are changed.  Innocent people and children dying at the hands of guns.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl,

How frightening that must have been! 

So glad you are ok though I imagine it will affect you for a long time!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately we live in a very crazy world .... it’s very scary just going out to the store or taking a walk or a drive in the car ... I am glad you are OK ... 🥰

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl 

So awfully scary, sorry for the bad experience.  Glad you are OK.

We live in strange times.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Horrifying experience, for sure. Give you credit for reporting it to police. Some people now a days are to afraid to report incidences of this type of agression.  Your swift actions may save someone's life  if the police figure out what / who caused your window blow out. 

Respected Contributor

I have heard of windows imploding from too much sun and heat, but not sure that would apply in this instance.  I'm sure it was a very scary incident.  A lot of people don't even have enough sense to pull over when a fire engine or police car is coming up with their lights and sirens going.  I mentioned in another post that they just don't know the rules of the road and not sure how these people even get a license to drive.

I'm wondering if your insurance company will conduct its own investigation to find out if there was a second party responsible for your damages.  Perhaps they have some pull in getting film footage if there is any from the police dash cam or streetlight footage.  Really kinda makes one uneasy to go anywhere and why is there so much of this happening now?

Glad no one was hurt, the car will eventually get fixed, but I bet you'll always be watching that rear view mirror. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing