Respected Contributor

Re: We are now under a Winter Storm Watch

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I'm in SE coastal GA and our weather this week is 55-60, but a couple of nights will be 29.

We've only had snow twice here in my 65 yr. life, it was a real PITA. I live on an island off the coast, with 2 bridges being the only way on or off and the bridges always close due to ice.

Oh my goodness sounds like where I lived for 68 years. The only white Christmas was in 1989. Left Wilmington Island last year to live in North GA. We are predicted to get snow and ice Tuesday. Not looking forward to this. Meanwhile. my daughter in Chicago is facing record cold temperatures wind chill of -34 this week. I don't know how people live in this. Hope everyone up north tays warm and safe. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey

Well, hello there former neighbor!

I was raised here on Wilmington Island and I'm approaching 66 this year, so I bet we crossed paths at some point!

Try to stay safe and warm up there!Heart

That goes for everyone who's in the path of this ugly storm!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Glad I'm not in Chicago !

********** that would be a ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lone star state for me!  people's water is froze, pipes bursting, can't get any services,  furnace will go out, etc.

I lived 50 yrs in Ind. I know the drill. Anything can go wrong will pick the coldest day of the yr to go out, blow up or rupture. furnaces, water heaters, water pipes, etc.

Honored Contributor

Here in MI (western side of state) we lots of snow and we re snowed in. Don't think we can get down the driveway.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1@Havent been snowed in for so many years that I would welcome it.I used to love snow days where you just cozied up at home or took the kids outside to play in it...snowmen,snowballs and the best tobogganing.I even enjoyed shoveling the driveway for a workout.

Honored Contributor

I officially have a vacation day starting tomorrow from my employer.  I can't wait to see the dry streets and two snowflakes that will keep the world in my area from turning in the next 24 hours.   

I'll need to remember where I packed away my snow boots to get the mail in case they end up fighting their way through it.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm at work, but don't know about tomorrow.  We are due for snow.  Don't know how much.  The temps will go down in to low 20'a

Honored Contributor

We are going to get slammed. The wind is coming from the east ,which is not good. The storm picks up moisture over Lake Erie ,and it just fuels the storm. I fear we will end up worse, than they are predicting

Honored Contributor

I'm in the Cleveland area and we aren't supposed to get any snow.  The temps are supposed to rise throughout today and by this evening we are supposed to get rain.  Tomorrow the temps are supposed to drop throughout the day and our high Wednesday is supposed to be -3 during the day.

They are talking about some snow Thursday or Friday but right now it doesn't seem to be a big deal.   

Respected Contributor

Wednesday our high will be 8 degrees but the wind chill could get -10 to -20. It will be cold but I still enjoy living in a place that has all four seasons.