Honored Contributor

Re: We are now under a Winter Storm Watch

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

Well, it's 8:30am and zero, zilch on the snow here in Georgia.  Waiting on the rain.

@grandma2pkmh- I’m in Atlanta (east Cobb). It was 48 when I woke up this morning and 42 now. So, the temp has started dropping. 

But, I also just read a post on Facebook that a friend posted that said they’ve changed the forecast and now it’s not supposed to get as cold as they first predicted, so who knows.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Also "snowed in" in Georgia by the clouds and sun. I'm thinking Frosty is going to have to be a scarecrow with twigs instead.
Esteemed Contributor

I lived in Atlanta many years ago when there was an ice storm. 

My house was on a hill and the teenagers made money pushing cars out if ditches and keeping them from hitting the houses at the end of the hill. 

Like Virginia, Ga isn’t prepared for snow and ice. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Did you see next week we'll be close to 70? LOL I may break out the swimsuit!
Esteemed Contributor

We live in central NJ... no sign of snow yet? Be careful out there!

Honored Contributor

36F7B4B8-FFD8-42AB-9F29-4D10E2561241.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had our snow yesterday ... now the polar vortex creeps down ... currently -3 below.  Looks like the frozen tundra out there.  Schools are closed today and tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Our county offices are already closed for tomorrow due to the windchill.  I'm not sure why.  They work inside an office.  My DH works outside and they will be working tomorrow, although they will modify what they are doing.

We had a client come in late yesterday afternoon and she said store shelves in our area are already empty and the store was an absolute mess when she was there. 

The only thing I made sure to do was fill up my gas tank yesterday.  But I legit needed gas.   

Honored Contributor

Our wind chills through the night are going to be -40 to -50.  I don't know what's going to be open or closed.

I know a lot of people are worried about possibly getting stranded on their way to work and might stay home.  I'm assuming schools will be closed too.  Water main breaks and pipes freezing are a big concern.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Our wind chills through the night are going to be -40 to -50.  I don't know what's going to be open or closed.

I know a lot of people are worried about possibly getting stranded on their way to work and might stay home.  I'm assuming schools will be closed too.  Water main breaks and pipes freezing are a big concern.

@Bri369, I believe you are supposed to have it worse than us.  We are supposed to get to about -30 with the windchill.  I saw St. Paul, MN is supposed to be -58 with the windchill.  Yikes.

One of my bosses already said we are open tomorrow.  We already knew that.  If we get a lot of snow, he will literally come pick you up.  LOL