Honored Contributor

We are now under a Winter Storm Watch

For Georgia. Let the entertainment begin. Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: We are now under a Winter Storm Watch

We are under a snow warning. Supposed to get up to 8” tonight into tomorrow.  All our local schools have closed for tomorrow in anticipation of the snow.  

Honored Contributor

Here in Wisconsin, the Weather Service is forecasting 8-12" of fresh snow on the ground by tomorrow morning.  This is on top of the 7" that fell last week.  "Oh, the weather ouside is frightful . . ." 

Honored Contributor

We are supposed to get 2". I'm thinking this city may be off work and school all week.
Honored Contributor

Right now we are supposed to get 7 in, but it can go higher, depending on the path the storm takes

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

By Tuesday night, we're expecting a real time temperature of minus  -23 degrees below zero ... our coldest record since January 20, 1985, when it was minus -27.

That will be on top of the snow which should begin sometime tomorrow in amounts I don't want to even think about.

Respected Contributor

I've heard anywhere from 4 to 10+inches for southwestern Michigan. It all depends on the storm track. Even 10 inches of snow isn't enough to slow most people around here down, but the 30 mph winds and 40 below zero wind chills will make you think twice about venturing out. Just another day in #PureMichigan! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
For Georgia. Let the entertainment begin. Smiley Very Happy

I'm so happy I changed my plans for this week and decided not to travel. Snow and ATL just don't play nice together!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Y’all up north (& even Ga) make me really cold! BRRR! Today in VA it was 55 but we get rain Tuesday with possible sleet. I hope no snow, people here just don’t drive well in it & I stay home.

With such low temperatures be careful of frostbite. I skied in Vermont at -10 and wind and our instructor warned us to watch each other for frostbite.

Good luck to everyone,keep warm and safe!

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14  You know that means we will either get nothing or 6 inches of snow and ice.