Honored Contributor

Re: We are in the cone for Hurricane Ian

I've been through hurricanes and usually phone numbers for help are on the tv continually. Regular programming often goes off and leaders speak giving instructions etc.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all your thoughts I just wanted to let you all know I had 2 sons, my younger one past away 4 months ago.....tonight my remaining son is picking me up and taking me to his house, his girlfriends parents are going there too......he lives in the same hurricane zone as me,  so still nerves frayed, but at least I won't be all alone and that makes a big difference to me, makes me less scared

Respected Contributor

@Hazelfaye   Thanks for letting us know you have help.  You have been in my thoughts since I read your message this morning.

Be safe and take care!!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

WoW!  Did you see the path shift for Ian in the 5 pm update?

To those of you now in the path, be prepared, be safe!

Honored Contributor

I'm relieved to read that your beloved son is taking you to his house @Hazelfaye 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

My prayers go out to all of you in Ian's path. Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Hazelfaye wrote:

Thanks for all your thoughts I just wanted to let you all know I had 2 sons, my younger one past away 4 months ago.....tonight my remaining son is picking me up and taking me to his house, his girlfriends parents are going there too......he lives in the same hurricane zone as me,  so still nerves frayed, but at least I won't be all alone and that makes a big difference to me, makes me less scared

@Hazelfaye 

i am so happy to see this. It just broke my heart to think of anyone regardless of age having to go through this alone. 

Honored Contributor

@Hazelfaye wrote:

I am so glad that you won't be alone, praying for you and everyone in Florida. I am so sorry for your losses too.

Anyone else in this situation, please call your local police or sheriff's department and tell them your situation. They are there to help you, please do not be afraid to call them. Or to ask anyone to call them for you. Once the storm starts they won't be able to help you.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Hazelfaye 

Thanks so much for coming back to let us know about your plans.  We will be praying for your safety.  Check in again when you are able to after the storm. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Hazelfaye ...As with others, I am so relieved to see your post letting us know that you will be with your son and family to weather out this hurricane together...You and everyone in Ian's path are in my thoughts and prayers.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~