Respected Contributor

We are in the cone for Hurricane Ian

My county is 37 miles inland, east of Tampa. Forecast looks scary although much can change between now and Tuesday/Wednesday. We are in the bullseye on current forecast models. Grocery stores are crowded and chaotic today. All bottled water is gone. 

Good news is, we are well stocked with emergency food, water, gasoline and yes toilet paper 😬 We have a generator thank goodness. 
I have never experienced a 🌀 hurricane since moving here. But I've learned all about the necessary prep from friends and the local tv stations. 
Still a bit nervous. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: We are in the cone for Hurricane Ian

Looks as if you are well prepared.  My prayers for safety for you and your family throughout this storm.  Keep us posted.

Respected Contributor

I'm in the cone down here in Ft. Myers .. but looks like it is moving

West ... we'll see what things look like tomorrow .....

Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother   Hopefully you are not affected.  I just spoke to my daughter today.  They just arrived at Disney world on Friday.  Looks like this trip could be cut short.  I worry about the grandkids.  They are little and we're so excited to go on a long awaited vacation.  Unfortunately we can't control the weather.  I feel so bad for them.  
Stay safe.  

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother   Stay safe and report back so we know you're OK. These storms are no joke. 

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

My county is 37 miles inland, east of Tampa. Forecast looks scary although much can change between now and Tuesday/Wednesday. We are in the bullseye on current forecast models. Grocery stores are crowded and chaotic today. All bottled water is gone. 

Good news is, we are well stocked with emergency food, water, gasoline and yes toilet paper 😬 We have a generator thank goodness. 
I have never experienced a 🌀 hurricane since moving here. But I've learned all about the necessary prep from friends and the local tv stations. 
Still a bit nervous. 

@fairydogmother   In all my 62 years, I have been through many a hurricane.  Hopefully we get through this one unscathed.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

The forecast does look scary so prepare the best you can.

@fairydogmother  @Big Joanie 

Respected Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@fairydogmother   Hopefully you are not affected.  I just spoke to my daughter today.  They just arrived at Disney world on Friday.  Looks like this trip could be cut short.  I worry about the grandkids.  They are little and we're so excited to go on a long awaited vacation.  Unfortunately we can't control the weather.  I feel so bad for them.  
Stay safe.  

They are likely in for heavy rains in Orlando. Looks like the big hit will be the Tampa Bay area. Regardless this will probably affect their vacation. I hope they will be able to get their Disney activities in this weekend. Should be ok til beginning of the week. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Our CERT team has been out in the Community making sure everyone is getting prepared.

I'm about 30 min north of Tampa area & we are prepared.  I dread having to take in all the outside furniture and lawn stuff...I'll be exhausted.  When Irma hit we were lucky we slept through it😉🤷‍♀️

Stay safe and hopefully it misses us🙏🏻🤞🏻

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yup, i live in Sarasota. I know the feeling. Being a little nervous is normal and actually makes you prep more which in my eye is never a bad thing.

Reminds me i forgot to get gas like I had planned to yesterday after work after another errand. . Luckily Tampa/ Sarasota area has not been threatened often like New Orleans, Miami, Pensacola etc.  

I happen to have a lot of fresh food ( way more than normal in my fridge and freezer) that i just purchased last week after my hospital stay  to avoid buying fast food daily as i had been doing. If i lose power i am going to be miffed at my timing on that! 

I hope Ian stays a tropical Storm and moves fast.  Best wishes to all in the Cone of Uncertainty.