Honored Contributor

Re: We are Under a Heat Advisory!

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

...sometimes, it gets so hot and humid, I think that should I end up in "the bad place" in the afterlife, at least I will be acclimated to the climate!"

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

Nah, you will find your finale' in the "good place". Doubt the other place allows AC, which most use now.         =^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow

Do you have AC?  We don't, and last year was awful.  Pretty much no one in SF has AC, including malls or theaters.

No AC in malls or theaters? I didn't know that. Here in NJ, some people go to malls or theaters just to escape the heat, especially, if you aren't a beach person! 😎 I didn't grow up with AC and neither did anyone that I knew but I don't remember all this humidity. Most people here have central AC and all the malls, theaters and most public places have it as well. I would hate to live without it!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

We have a predicted high of 76 degrees today but right now it is only 65 degrees.  Here in the Seattle area we are breaking records on consecutive days without any rain.  I wish we would get some - I am not used to watering my yard!  The lawns are all dry and crunchy.  Hello global warming.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow

Do you have AC?  We don't, and last year was awful.  Pretty much no one in SF has AC, including malls or theaters.

Oh goodness yes, if we didn't have AC I would've melted by now.

Do you use swamp coolers?

I know that's what they use in AZ, because the humidity is so low. I'd never heard of them until we went out there. Or they call them evaporation (?) coolers.....and the static electricity was so bad, it was unreal.....we had to get a humidifier to cut down on it.

I don't know anything about CA weather but I had no idea they didn't even have AC in businesses. Wow....anyway, what makes it bad here is the humidity. "It's not the heat it's the humidity."

I like it in AZ because there was no lawn to mow, no humidity, no mold etc.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl

Glad it's cooling(?) Down for you there. It is almost nice here today, it is only 90° and it is way past noon. Thank you for your reply.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After enduring a couple 100 degree days we are now a "frigid" 97----bring out the sweaters....LOL!!!.................typical for end of July nearing August in Texas..........I tend to "hibernate" June through September!!!  I hate summer!!!, but I know some areas have about 6 months of winter and dont like it either...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow

Oh goodness yes, if we didn't have AC I would've melted by now.

Do you use swamp coolers?

I know that's what they use in AZ, because the humidity is so low. I'd never heard of them until we went out there. Or they call them evaporation (?) coolers.....and the static electricity was so bad, it was unreal.....we had to get a humidifier to cut down on it.

I don't know anything about CA weather but I had no idea they didn't even have AC in businesses. Wow....anyway, what makes it bad here is the humidity. "It's not the heat it's the humidity."

I like it in AZ because there was no lawn to mow, no humidity, no mold etc.

@YorkieonmyPillow

I don't know about all of CA, but SF is known for no AC because we have fog cooling us most of the summer.  There must be some kind of cooling systems in malls but they are no place to go to cool off, I've tried 😧

I have fans for every room and my desk.  Just bought a new one from HSN that, so far, is amazing.  What really gets me is that the city has NO cooling centers for the elderly and disabled.  They are in neighboring cities but not here 😡

Respected Contributor

Currently 68 and fair in the San Juan Islands of WA State.

I love summer.  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero