Esteemed Contributor

Re: We are Under a Heat Advisory!

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201, that seems to be a hallmark of all of us who have AID!

Somebody posted on MS recently on "Wellness" about this.... worth reading!

Poodlepet2

Thank you @Poodlepet2, I will go read that now.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Sueliz wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

It needs to cool off so I can b**** about that! Woman LOL

I never b**** about Winter(unless it's to hot)! I love the cold, cool, crisp air/wind and snow! I also like the shorter days when it gets dark earlier.  I hate Summer. I like Fall and Spring too(unless they are to hot also).

Can you tell I like the cold!...lol!!🐧

@Starpolisher, I love your post!  I detest summer and just love the cold weather. Fall & Winter are my favorite seasons, I should move to Alaska, lol...

@Sueliz

Me too!

I've actually been to Alaska in summer. My aunt(now deceased)retired there from NYC. I loved it! No HUMIDITY and lots of beautiful mountains in every direction! The only thing is the cost of living is very high.

@Sueliz

Forgot one other drawback to Alanskan summers, daylight lasts till about 11pm. However, I think I'd rather that than humidity!😎

@Starpolisher, lol, as much as I dislike daylight savings time, I would have to agree, I'll take light over humidity!  It's so great you got to go, Alaska is on my bucket list..

Honored Contributor

words can not describe how much I loathe the heat..............and the humidity-ugh!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I love:

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

IMG_2298.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Heat index of 105 degrees today! HELP LAWD

Esteemed Contributor

Every year we set new records for the weather; heat or cold (late in year), drought or floods.  Don't understand why! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

It's only 108 today here, much better that than the 117 through 125 from the last couple weeks ! 😢

What's the humidity? Two of my former hockey player friends live around Phoenix and they said the heat there is much easier to handle than in our city, mostly because it lacks the high humidity. One was here for Christmas and told me the heat temps are deceiving because of the low humidity compared to here.

He is retired from his masonry business, his son took it over. I remember him always working outside when he first became a brick layer, and we often talked about working in the heat. I worked with 100+° indoor heat, and he in the outdoor heat. Told him "at least you are breathing fresh air while I was breathing cancer causing polyethylene fumes all day/night".  He prefers the Arizona heat to here in Nebraska.

hckynut(john)

@Azcowgirl

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Every year we set new records for the weather; heat or cold (late in year), drought or floods.  Don't understand why! 

Because the earth is warming.  The main effect is climate extremes.  We were told years ago that would happen.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow

Do you have AC?  We don't, and last year was awful.  Pretty much no one in SF has AC, including malls or theaters.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut

John.....the humidity is around 30% today, but we are getting a little monsoon activity, so that always ups the level. It will be about 109 today.