Honored Contributor

Re: We are Under a Heat Advisory!

Southern WV is hot and humid; we hit 90 degrees twice this week.   I Love It!   This is not our normal summer weather.  Normal for us is more along the lines of mid 80's and weeks of no rain, which we see in late July and August.  

We have a short growing season; barely have enough time for tomatoes and corn to mature.   Weeks of this type of weather are just what our gardens need.   

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Sueliz wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

It needs to cool off so I can b**** about that! Woman LOL

I never b**** about Winter(unless it's to hot)! I love the cold, cool, crisp air/wind and snow! I also like the shorter days when it gets dark earlier.  I hate Summer. I like Fall and Spring too(unless they are to hot also).

Can you tell I like the cold!...lol!!🐧

@Starpolisher, I love your post!  I detest summer and just love the cold weather. Fall & Winter are my favorite seasons, I should move to Alaska, lol...

@Sueliz

Me too!

I've actually been to Alaska in summer. My aunt(now deceased)retired there from NYC. I loved it! No HUMIDITY and lots of beautiful mountains in every direction! The only thing is the cost of living is very high.

@Sueliz

Forgot one other drawback to Alanskan summers, daylight lasts till about 11pm. However, I think I'd rather that than humidity!😎

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I will be SO GLAD when this sizzling weather breaks! It's supposed to be near or 100 degrees today!

It's been this way for a week or more. The grass is getting crunchy!

UGH

@YorkieonmyPillow  When the grass gets crunchy, water it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Only about 90° here today and in high 80s for the next week but the humidity is up.  We've had a couple of good rains and may have some this evening. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It's only 108 today here, much better that than the 117 through 125 from the last couple weeks ! 😢

Honored Contributor

100 is too hot for me.  It's mid 80's here.  Still too hot.

Stay inside and keep hydrated.

Respected Contributor

...sometimes, it gets so hot and humid, I think that should I end up in "the bad place" in the afterlife, at least I will be acclimated to the climate!"

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

You and almost everyone else!  I hate summer anyway, but day after day of 95 plus is about more than I can handle.  It used to cool off when the sun went down, but no more.  Bring on fall

Esteemed Contributor

We have been spending most of the summer down at the beach. It is just as hot but here there is a breeze and we have been doing lots of things in the water and on the boat so that helps a lot. . When we came down here Thursday we were leaving about 97 degrees and about 50% humidity. It is about the same down here but the breeze makes it a little better.

I am really over this heat. I used to be able to handle it a lot better but with an auto immune disease it affects me much more.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201, that seems to be a hallmark of all of us who have AID!

Somebody posted on MS recently on "Wellness" about this.... worth reading!

Poodlepet2