Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We are Under a Heat Advisory!

I will be SO GLAD when this sizzling weather breaks! It's supposed to be near or 100 degrees today!

It's been this way for a week or more. The grass is getting crunchy!

UGH

Honored Contributor

Re: We are Under a Heat Advisory!

I'm so over summer this year. Last year I mourned the end of summer, because it was beautiful, this year, all .I can say is bring on the fall ! High humidity makes me crabby !!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Been in the 96' 's around here for 2 months. Just standard. Nothing unusual for June and July.

Honored Contributor

Oh, last yr. we had one day of 108' LOL

Honored Contributor

So far today it is mid 80's and probably humid (I have not gone out yet) but it has been close to 90 this week and very humid and we have had our share of rain.  I live outside Chicago.  Monday & Tues. will be really nice in 70's and low 80's but then it goes back up.  I am not fond of hot weather 90+.  You can hardly breathe and your car is hot, ugh.  I was glad we had rain for the flowers, veggies and grass/trees.  I could never live in Arizona.  It is too hot for me.  Try to stay cool and make sure your curtains are closed to keep the heat out.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I will be SO GLAD when this sizzling weather breaks! It's supposed to be near or 100 degrees today!

It's been this way for a week or more. The grass is getting crunchy!

UGH

Last year we had an awful drought, I hate to complain about the heat this year when everything is now so green.   But on my long walk to my car after work yesterday, I was thinking we probably have at least another month of this - yuk!

Honored Contributor

Yesterday it was hotter where I am on Long Island than it was in Miami. It's only 82 right now and the humidity feels a bit less than yesterday, too.  I have run my A/C all day yesterday and today, but that's the first 2 consecutive days of ugly heat and humidity we've had, so I'm trying not to be as crabby about the heat as I was when it seemed as if April lasted almost until the end of June and I was still running the furnace when the calendar said summer.

Honored Contributor

It's been in the mid 90's here for a couple of weeks with high humidity.  It's just miserable.  I tried to comb my dog's hair outside yesterday and could only stand it for about ten minutes and gave up.  It will be even hotter in August.  The highest I remember it getting in the past few years is 105.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Can't wait for Fall to arrive.....I have never liked the heat!!  Bring on the pumpkins and apples!!!

Esteemed Contributor

It needs to cool off so I can b**** about that! Woman LOL