Super Contributor

Re: We are Finally Having a Winter

About 2 1/2 hours south-southwest of O'hare. -6, -25 wind chill. Ground covered with snow since Christmas Eve.

My 4.4# doggie goes out, pees on the deck, but hasn't pooped outside in days. I don't blame her, I don't mind cleaning it up inside. Just happy she goes out to pee!  She will go back outside when it's a bit warmer.

35 y.o. son was here yesterday, said he didn't remember it ever being so cold for so long. I know we'd get a day or two, but it's been over a week now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chicago here too - it's been really frigid for at least a week now.  We have some snow, not too much though.  

At least the sun has been out.  I can't take it when it's so dreary out 

I detest wearing a heavy coat and all the other nonsense you have to put on to go out.

The heat in the house just gets to me after a while.    I'd rather deal with air conditioning 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in North Central Ohio, on the lake.  I'm not in the snowbelt nor the secondary snowbelt so we generally don't get a ton of snow and we don't have a lot of snow now.

I'm all for snow in the winter but I do not like the absolutely dangerous, frigid temperatures.  Schools in my area are all closed today because of the dangerous wind chill and I suspect they will be closed later in the week when it's supposed to be even worse.

I feel for those who have jobs that require them to work outside and I feel for the animals out there.      

Right now the wind chill is -18 and a look at the forecast over the next 10 days is well below normal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We didnt have any winter in South Texas last year....this year we've had days with highs in upper 20's/31 degrees and lows in the 20's. I enjoy the "cold" weather....but I know thats nothing compared to other parts of the U.S. Its nice to be able to wear sweaters and coats for a change.....went for a walk to the community mail box and enjoyed the cold fresh crisp air.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Oh yes this Winter so far is like the good old days! Where I live now its a lot of lake effect snow. The other morning when we woke up it was -20 (actual temp. no wind chill). We have nearly 3 feet of snow on the ground with another lake effect snow warning for tonight and tomorrow. My lake front view is like a snow covered field. Lake froze over sooner than normal and the fishing shantys are specked here and there. The Farmers Almanac predictions are coming true for my area. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

SW MI, 10  a whopping 10 !!!! Boooooooo

Honored Contributor

Temps in the teens in Alabama but the upside is we have SUNSHINE.

I can stand almost anything when the sun shines.

Honored Contributor

Southern WV is sunny and clear with a temperature of 15 right now.   At daylight we were -7.   We have only a trace of snow on the ground here.

Esteemed Contributor

Fall is my favorite season of the year....but i have always liked winter and much prefer it to summer.......BUT the temps here in L.I., NY.....have been ffffreeeezzzzinggg.

It is 25 degrees right now but has been lower.......a little warmer and i would be very happy.......Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

Today the high was  60°, tomorrow should be  66° near Sacramento Ca.  It’s warm for winter but I don’t mind since I dislike cold weather.