Valued Contributor

Re: We are Finally Having a Winter

I haven't even put on a jacket yet here in S. California, and it's January!  No bragging.....know many of you are hurting with the cold right now.  I would like a LITTLE winter weather.  Due for some rain next week so maybe we will get a bit.  

Honored Contributor

I dreaded the arrival and I hate it!  The cold right now is terrbie.  Just terrible.  At least you don't have to shovel the cold!  I also despise the snow when it accumulates.  It is so difficult when you are older and not well dealing with all of this!  Every day I am so tired before I even get to work!!!  Counting down the days until spring!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Nova Scotia, east coast of Canada.  We are in for one big nor’easter starting this morning.  We just got over one on Christmas Day.  Downed trees, shingles off houses,etc.  Today's storm is supposed to be worse.  Snow, freezing rain and very high winds @ up to 140km.  Hurricane force.  It’s going to be hard on the trees if they are ice covered.

We have been bombarded with warnings all week.  Expect major power outages, expect power to be out for extended periods, etc.  Spent yesterday bringing things in, tying things down, getting gas for the generator, etc.  Say a prayer for us.  It’s the wind that scares me.  LM

Trusted Contributor

southern coast of Ct here.....terrible outside..snow,high winds etc.and the temps are only going to get worse.

Valued Contributor

I am praying with all the suffering the country has gone through this winter that we at least have a REAL spring for a change!  Haven't had one of those in years either and I think we've earned it this year.  (I'm in northern Wisconsin - current air temp is -19 but should start warming up this weekend)

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Here in New York it’s freezing ❄️.I’ve already had enough of winter. I can’t wait for Spring to come!! ☀️🌈

Right with you. Here we go wishing our life away.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

In East TN we have averaged 20 degrees below normal this winter.  Last winter was so mild, and this year it has been bitter cold.  It's 9 degrees right now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I don't know how many days of bitter cold we're on - almost two weeks straight.  We've had some snow - not much though.  Supposedly, it's going to start getting warmer - into the 30's.  Woo hoo 

Esteemed Contributor

Its Jan 6th 806 PM in PA and its 9 degrees going to minus 2 tonight and breaking records. Was out once in the past 5 days,, tonight to go to dinner. (DH warmed the car up before I got in). Schools here were closed Thurs and Fri due to light snow and cold weather. Wind chills were 15 below zero those days! PS) I'm fed up w Winter already...lol..But oh never fear, weather people say next Thurs and Fri it will be 40 some with rain after an ice storm first on Monday! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles