Super Contributor

Re: We adopted a cat........question

Ugh, I added a kitty emoji after the sentence, and it came out as ??. I give up. Lol
Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2015 hckynut said: demitra and scottie: I put a post over on the Among Friends Forum on what works for me without having to use my PhotoBucket account. It is in a thread where the OP(don't recall the name) asked how to post a picture. I told her how I am able to do it MOST of the time.

Thanks John. Good to see you btw.

Demitra, we will all be interested also when you decide on a name for him!

Valued Contributor

It's only been a day..That is VERY NORMAL!

Enjoy the quiet while you can because once he comes out of his kitty shell he will be racing around wanting to play! I predict that will happen by the end of this week... Maybe longer but kitties come around much quicker...

Thank you for saving him!

My most recent kitty that rescued me hid in my wall off and on for a few days.. I just gave her space and now she is my clingiest of all....

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Valued Contributor

RJL I completely understand where you're coming from. I may not have addressed it that way but I REALLY appreciate your passion towards cats.!!!
Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

I think that is fairly normal behavior for a cat....especially one that age. Give him time....he'll come around.

Thank you for rescuing him.....and good luck...I'm sure he'll adapt soon.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2015 demitra said: How do I post a photo?

I would not post from a personal account. There are ways to trace your picture back to your account.

Not sure how you can post w/o revealing any personal information. I'm sure there are posters here who can advise you though.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Trusted Contributor

I am so glad that your kitty has started to come out now, Demitra.

Our girl kitty that we have now, was like this too, when we first adopted her. She was very nervous and scared, and she went to hide under our bed for several days.

She would come out to eat and drink and use the litter box, but she would not socialize with us. We left her alone though, and didn't bother her. She finally came out one evening, and climbed up by my husband to see what he was eating. Smile

She was interested in his bowl of ice cream. I wasn't home at the time, but anyway, this started her interaction with us. From that time on, she has been very social and affectionate with both of us. It just took her some time to get used to us.

Valued Contributor

On 3/30/2015 Alley Catvocate said: RJL I completely understand where you're coming from. I may not have addressed it that way but I REALLY appreciate your passion towards cats.!!!

Thank You for understanding. And I agree, I could have addressed it in a better way.

Super Contributor

Good luck with your new kitty. Sounds like he's going to get lots of love! Does he have a name yet?

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Contributor

He'll be fine. Just adjusting. Cats adapt, just takes awhile. Thanks for adopting.