Esteemed Contributor

We Lost Power This Morning, Darn Wind.

I was just getting ready to put bacon in the oven about 9:30 am and the power went out,  It was sunny and beautifful out, mild, but the wind was awful.

About a mile from us a limb took down a line and actually started a small grass fire.  Power came on at 12:30, 3 hours later.  I was shocked  at how fast they got it back on.

Anyone else have issues with the wind.  I'm in NE PA?

I

Esteemed Contributor

Re: We Lost Power This Morning, Darn Wind.

I'm in western NC and lost power from 5 pm Saturday until 9:30 am Sunday.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2.  We had terrible wind and cold (mid 30s) all the way down here in the desert Southwest on Friday.  I made my appearance to pick up.my grocery order in the Walmart parking lot very brief.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  DD and I both said thank heaven it's not very cold although after 3 hrs. it got a little chilly in the house.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  ...... I am in Southwestern Ohio. My particular area had the rain and high winds. The neighboring towns had several tornadoes and severe damage. Rough night. 

Esteemed Contributor

It was warm and windy last night.  The sirens were going off through the night.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad it came back on in 3 hours. I always hate it when we lose electricity at night when it is cold. ugh.

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2  ...... I am in Southwestern Ohio. My particular area had the rain and high winds. The neighboring towns had several tornadoes and severe damage. Rough night. 

@Sheila P-Burg I am also in SW Ohio and we lost Spectrum.  The phone and cable went out yesterday at 10pm and they didn't fix it until 9:30pm tonight.  Oh, I was so angry. I called them 4 times today.  As soon as the heavy winds came, the cable went out.