Esteemed Contributor

Re: We JUST Got Our Power Back On When......

@katcat. Every state has its issues. Florida has hurricanes. The south and Midwest have tornadoes and flooding. I have lived in Southern California since 1965 and I would not live anywhere else. We have our challenges which has nothing to do with our government but more to do with climate change as does every state.
Honored Contributor

@embgm wrote:

We had no storms,no winds ,no fires and still had no electricity for about 5 hours last night in PA. Our entire development was out. Didn't receive any explanations just a phone call waking me up this morning at 7am telling me my electricity was back on.  I'm retired and didn't need the call.

@embgm   Is it cold for you with no furnace or heat? Never lived in California so I do not know what your temps are this time of year. Just curious as for us this time of the year it is like 30 degrees and being cold Is a major issue  with no power.  I hope you stay safe❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden. The weather depends on where in California you live. Northern California gets much colder in the winter than Southern California. Our winters average overnight lows in the high 30s to mid 40s Our days in the winter can be as low as 55 but then again it depends on whether you live near the ocean or if you live inland. With climate change there are no normals any more and that goes for everywhere in the USA and the world
Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@embgm wrote:

We had no storms,no winds ,no fires and still had no electricity for about 5 hours last night in PA. Our entire development was out. Didn't receive any explanations just a phone call waking me up this morning at 7am telling me my electricity was back on.  I'm retired and didn't need the call.

@embgm   Is it cold for you with no furnace or heat? Never lived in California so I do not know what your temps are this time of year. Just curious as for us this time of the year it is like 30 degrees and being cold Is a major issue  with no power.  I hope you stay safe❤️

I live in Pennsylvania not Ca.  It hasn't been too cold yet so we were comfortable. And we do have a fireplace to warm us when it happens during the colder weather.Em

Honored Contributor

@embgm wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@embgm wrote:

I live in Pennsylvania not Ca.  It hasn't been too cold yet so we were comfortable. And we do have a fireplace to warm us when it happens during the colder weather.Em

@embgm   Opps... guess I did not read your post right... you are from PA! LOL!  

Respected Contributor

Next time there are hurricanes in Florida and floods in Houston and mega tornados in the midwest, let's all talk about what horrible places those are . That we would never live there. That their governments are evil.

Oh yeah. That doesn't happen here...

bigly eyeroll

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2. Tell me about it. I am amazed how ignorant people can be. Climate change deniers blaming a state abd it’s government. Oh well. Consider the source
Esteemed Contributor

@wayerlilys. Bye bye
Esteemed Contributor