Regular Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

I didn't like the way they told us the Blog & Forums page would be shut down. A statement instead of a mod posting on this board. So, I don't care what they say nor will I be buying anything in thanks or even saying thanks. And that's the way I feel about it. 

100% agree. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: We Heard You

[ Edited ]

@Marp, This may be a temporary reprieve, no guarantees. Proboards is owned by one person and reserves the right to shut down its forums for any or no reason at any time, so no guarantee there either.

Esteemed Contributor

@FLgardener @On It @sonson @Sushismom @ThinkingOutLoud    I think they are making matters worse.  Tell us one way or the other and stop the beating around the

bush.  You are making it worse QVC

Esteemed Contributor

Read it again.  They are pushing for people to go to Face Book while this is open????? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Honored Contributor

Re: We Heard You

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

Not to put a damper on your joy but the wording of the announcement is simply:   So, as we continue to build out our community experience—both onsite and on other platforms—we’re keeping our Blogs & Forums live.

Once the build out is done...   I suspect the build out will be completed shortly after the first of the year.

I didn't take it that way at all.  Buildiong out the community experience is to me just giving more options for a better community experience here and it seems they became aware that also meant keeping them due to the huge response from those wanting to keep the forums.  

Esteemed Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

Yes, and those who left here have a new home and I know many might not come back. Many will and then many might do both forums. I hope the dust settles and all can be friendly or at least cordial. 😇

@FLgardener 

I am one that will be doing both forums. I don't quite trust them anymore. 

Respected Contributor

@Marp  Totally agree with your statement!  Those are very 'carefully crafted words' used in their statement about the boards remaining open.  

I believe after the holidays are over, their expanding and building will be done... and, sadly, so will this board!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe , I had no desire to boycott QVC even though I was upset about the announced closure of forums. 

You have exercised your rights. Many have been polarized by all this. I just don't feel that way. I had concerns about the new forum, but was observing it to keep options open. I see it has gone private. I understand.

I have concerns about this forum also, just not enough to make me want to leave.

Best to all. 🙂

Honored Contributor
They're not going to keep them open permanently. I prefer the other forum anyway.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Not to put a damper on your joy but the wording of the announcement is simply:   So, as we continue to build out our community experience—both onsite and on other platforms—we’re keeping our Blogs & Forums live.

Once the build out is done...   I suspect the build out will be completed shortly after the first of the year.

I didn't take it that way at all.  Buildiong out the community experience is to me just giving more options for a better community experience here and it seems that meant keeping the forums because there was such a huge response to closing them! 

@Pook,  you may be correct.  Perhaps my 20+ years of reading, writing and evaluating contracts and legal documents has clouded my perception of what was written and the words can be taken at face value.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.