Honored Contributor

Re: Waxing Crescent Moon 🌙

When I was younger and spent summers at the family home at the mountains, I was awed by the star filled skies I used to see.  It was such a beautiful sight and seeing this photo of the waxing crescent moon, so clear and bright, brings me back to those summer nights.

Esteemed Contributor

@godi wrote:

@Oznell  The picture above ⬆️ is one I took earlier the lights from the little town below blurred it. I had to wait till it moved over in the sky.  It was pitch black just magical.  Wait there is blue in the pic above. 🤣🤣

Today on FB, someone played a game called, "your back yard" and my first thought was...I want Godi's!

Honored Contributor

@godi 

Are you using a real camera or your phone?  I can never get good moon pictures with my iPhone X or my iPad, even on a full-moon night.  My pictures never are as beautiful as in person so I don't bother to post them.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife  I have the iPhone 13 pro. I really liked the 12 pro better. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills  Your so sweet. ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  I'm a "moonie" too.  I've always loved looking at the moon and learning about it.  Did you know the moon is moving away from Earth a tiny bit every year?  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV,

I did not know that!

When my kids were little I used to say, look at the moon! And they would say yeah, mom it's the moon.

But now they appreciate it too which makes me happy that we can share all the beautiful things of nature.

My father used to say when we were little-"Look girls! It's a plane!" while looking out the window. And we would say yeah, it's a plane!🙄

Now I love watching and listening to planes.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"