Waterford Salt & Pepper shakers

I need help; I need to clean the tops of my Waterford Lismore footed salt and pepper shakers.  They have become almost gray in color (should be silver).  I don't think they are sterling, however.  Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. Nancy

Respected Contributor

Re: Waterford Salt & Pepper shakers

I don't have a clue...just wanted to say I love the pattern!

Honored Contributor

The tops on my older Waterford salt & pepper shakers were silver-plate.  I used a bit of silver polish on them and they looked better but not great.  Recently I saw Waterford had replacement tops made of stainless steel.  My shakers now look brand new.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You could try resilvering them with a silvering kit or buying the Krylon Metals in Silver. I used that on a set of candeticks and they turned out great.

Honored Contributor

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

You could try resilvering them with a silvering kit or buying the Krylon Metals in Silver. I used that on a set of candeticks and they turned out great.

I'm not sure I would spray paint them if they are being used on the table at mealtime.

Highlighted
Contributor

Have you tried a jewelry polishing cloth?  I have found a jewelry polishing cloth works great on polishing the ferrules on my Waterford desk accessories and powder brush.