Trusted Contributor

Re: Waterford Crystal at Evine

[ Edited ]

I don't know if anyone posted this because I haven't read all of the responses, but evine has special promotional prices during particular shows for particular items.  In other words, they mark products down only for the period of time that they're showing them.  Then the prices go back up.  The good thing is they do grant you a credit if you ask for it.    

Honored Contributor

Jorge and his seahorse candlesticks!  With the blonde host fawning over them.  It's just a comedy act to me.

Respected Contributor

mtc....... I too had always been pleased with my Waterford purchases from them through the years but now wonder how much money after my purchases I lost.  I do not know if they always reduce the prices after a show or what.  You are right about rarely seeing Jorge any more and I too think that he brought a lot to the programs.  I never bought anything else from them other then the Waterford Crystal and now I too will be saving a lot of money.  We have a Waterford Outlet store now that is about 2 hours away but would be worth the trip.  I have a friend that always buys me a piece of Waterford for Christmas and she purchases everything from the Waterford Outlet in her State.  When I visit her I go to there with her and can't believe the difference in the prices.  I know that a lot of the outlet stores have items made especially for the Outlets but what I always see in the Waterford outlet are the exact same pieces I see in Macy's or at Waterford online so I have no idea if they are made just for that or if they are irregulars.  My gift is always beautiful. 

I too am surprised that  they closed your account and let a good customer go so easily.  Have you ever gotten anything from them asking you back?   

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
Evine and its predecessors have always played free and easy with pricing. You ought to see what they do with some of their watch pricing. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Thanks for the heads up. 

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

They ALL do it.

I bought two Iman bags several years ago and within a week the price had fallen by $35.00 each and I called them immediately and received my refund.

I guess whether we like it or not we have to constantly keep checking the prices after a purchase. 

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:
I love evine, they are for right now my favorite site to go to. I've never had a problem with adjustments on their products. O P be happy that they gave you good customer service.

HSN has this practice also and they drive me crazy with their day to day pricing.

Interesting that HSN plays with their pricing too.  After this past experience I am going to be a lot less trusting!

Honored Contributor

Almost all retailers play these games with prices.  I shop online at Chico's frequently.  Barely a day goes by that they do not have a new code and/or sale.  I've started jotting down prices on items I am interested in.  Whenever there is a 50% off code, the prices of sale items double.

Years ago I worked in retail and we hand marked down the price tags.  Once you lowered the price, it never went back up.  Now retailers post per cent off signs so the full price is the only price on the garment.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

The only things that ever interest me on Evine (or any of the other many names they have been, and what's up with that, anyways? What a way to confuse people!) is the Waterford and the Tiffany style lamps. And I've never purchased either. 

It is sad to see that Waterford isn't made exclusively in Ireland any longer, and I just don't have a use for many pieces of crystal. Same for the lamps. I purchased a number of that style from Q back in the day when they were on frequently, and don't need anymore, but the ones on Evine are really much nicer looking than most of those Q offered in the past. I still love to watch the shows, even if I'm not buying.

The only things that ever interested me too on Evine is the same as you....the Tiffany Lamps and the Waterford Crystal.  Now I won't be buying anything from them so I save in the end.  I too bought a lot of Tiffany lamps from QVC and was very pleased with them. 

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

mtc....... I too had always been pleased with my Waterford purchases from them through the years but now wonder how much money after my purchases I lost.  I do not know if they always reduce the prices after a show or what.  You are right about rarely seeing Jorge any more and I too think that he brought a lot to the programs.  I never bought anything else from them other then the Waterford Crystal and now I too will be saving a lot of money.  We have a Waterford Outlet store now that is about 2 hours away but would be worth the trip.  I have a friend that always buys me a piece of Waterford for Christmas and she purchases everything from the Waterford Outlet in her State.  When I visit her I go to there with her and can't believe the difference in the prices.  I know that a lot of the outlet stores have items made especially for the Outlets but what I always see in the Waterford outlet are the exact same pieces I see in Macy's or at Waterford online so I have no idea if they are made just for that or if they are irregulars.  My gift is always beautiful. 

I too am surprised that  they closed your account and let a good customer go so easily.  Have you ever gotten anything from them asking you back?   

Thanks for your kind words luvsbulldogs but heavens no they never contacted me again.  Again, I own this because I'm the one that said it but it was just such an unfortunate situation that could have been rememdied rather easily and the CS agent just wasn't having it.  Like I said, no worries.  It's saving me money and has kept me from buying kitchen gadgets that I do not need!

The other thing that bothered me about the Waterford presentations is that I ordered one of their first Special Values and it was a vase and a bowl.  Said it was Waterford Crystal.  I love both pieces and one is in my foyer as we speak.  But the next time I saw the items they were called "crystalline".  Hmmmm.  I even dug out my receipt and it says crystal but it did give me pause.

Please know, I don't want to dog out Evine's CS.  Any company is as good as the individual that answers the call that a person has a problem with.  If I was really interested, I could have called back and I would bet they would have made it right.  I was just so upset about the quality of the item itself, the mix up in the shipping and then the complete disinterest in the CS rep I had had enough.

I don't take it personally that they don't miss me . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Almost all retailers play these games with prices.  I shop online at Chico's frequently.  Barely a day goes by that they do not have a new code and/or sale.  I've started jotting down prices on items I am interested in.  Whenever there is a 50% off code, the prices of sale items double.

Years ago I worked in retail and we hand marked down the price tags.  Once you lowered the price, it never went back up.  Now retailers post per cent off signs so the full price is the only price on the garment.

Interesting.......thanks for letting us all know.  We sure do have to be careful these days.  What upset me also about Evine is that if you do not buy the item when they have the special shows and pay the full price a lot of time the item is gone for good.  I guess that is true with a lot of places these days I just was not aware of it.  Also they are not like QVC in that when you put something in your cart and do a little more shopping that does not guarantee the item.  I was adding the Waterford pieces to my cart and when I went back several of the pieces were gone from ,y cart so I phoned them and they told me that when an item is in your cart it does not guarantee you the item.  I know QVC always guaranteed you the item once in your cart but now I am not so sure.