Honored Contributor

Re: Watching tiny house hunters on HGTV last night.

I saw them installing Styrofoam in the walls for insulation in one of the Tiny Houses. I could live in one by myself but would need to be a little bigger for 2 people. Like the one the people had made to fit their needs was the better option that I saw. Lofts are neat but I'm not climbing up into one every night to sleep & trying to get up & down from the loft every night to go pee. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I saw them installing Styrofoam in the walls for insulation in one of the Tiny Houses. I could live in one by myself but would need to be a little bigger for 2 people. Like the one the people had made to fit their needs was the better option that I saw. Lofts are neat but I'm not climbing up into one every night to sleep & trying to get up & down from the loft every night to go pee. 

Did you see the episode(Jersey City couple) with 2 TINY houses, one for living and one for sleeping?  The bathroom was in the living house.  You'd need a chamber pot in the sleeping house.

I cannot imagine why anyone would live like this by choice. 

Honored Contributor

How things swing from one extreme to another! Prior to 2008 and the crash everyone wanted a Mc mansion. Way more room than any family needed. Now we have the trend toward tiny homes that are, in reality, less space than any family can live in comfortably.

Honored Contributor

I was intrigued by the single girl who kept insisting she wanted the bathroom and kitchen to be outside.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in a three room apartment....regretably I do not know the square footage...enough space for me...terribly crowded when I have my three Grands over for the weekend...I would find it difficult to live in this small place with more then me ...on a full time basis....

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I only caught the last few minutes of the last one where they bought the shell for $13,000. and completed the rest themselves.  The places were so cute but I would not want to live with anyone in such a small space.  For myself that small place would be fine but to share no way.  I will look for more of these "tiny" shows I love all the other house hunters shows too.

I couldn't even live with myself in something that small.