Honored Contributor

Re: Watched HSN and Diane Gilman show

Yes, as someone here said, wash the sprays off of garments.

Especially re: newborns/baby blankets, clothing, etc.

When I've mentioned this (throughout the years) to new moms, some of them looked at me with quizzical eyes.  Some folks just don't understand.  Maybe many, who knows.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I thought the velvet jeans looked fine on the models.  I don't remember if they said to size down in them or not.  I can't wear skinny jeans because my legs are too big for them.  I did not like the super stretchiness I was seeing though.  I just bought a pair of jeans that were stretchier than what I'm accustomed to and they continually scooched down on me.  I have never tried Diane Gilman jeans.  It's really difficult for me to buy pants or jeans online due to fit problems.  

Honored Contributor

The last pair of TS jeans she did was called virtual stretch and it was advised not to size down like you typically can. The exception was if you were on the smaller end of your size, you "might" want to go down a size.  I saw several presentations where that was explained.

Generally, when I Colleen hosts, she can go down to a 4 in DG jeans and she's normally an 8.  However, in the virtual stretch she said she was wearing the medium because she is a solid 8, and would lean more to a 10 than a 6 so she would not size down.

I see HSN models in way too tight clothing all the time, especially Iman's bottoms.  It looks horrible.    

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

The odor you all are smelling is a bug spray used on any clothing that is imported....especially from China.

It is on Denim & Co., and others from the Q....even HSN now because they are a part of the Q.  But, I ordered a couple things from the Vermont Country Store, and they too smell like that bug spray.  It's horrible.  The woman upstairs from me does my laundry for me.....and all it takes to remove that odor is one washing with a fabric softener (like Downy) in the rinse....  Walla, the odor is gone.  

Always launder your clothes before you wear them.  You don't want that stuff near your skin.

I bought a DG black sweater years ago and it stunk after washing several times.

It was the dye.

Same here with a pair of black jeans. This was years ago, before HSN and QVC became sister stations.  I was never able to get that smell out. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it’s posted elsewhere here, but DG put a post in the HSN community that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be off the air for a while. Someone will be standing in for her and she will keep designing. She just won’t be on air.

I’ve never bought any of her clothes, so I can’t contribute to the conversation regarding odor, dyes, etc.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Maybe it’s posted elsewhere here, but DG put a post in the HSN community that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be off the air for a while. Someone will be standing in for her and she will keep designing. She just won’t be on air.

I’ve never bought any of her clothes, so I can’t contribute to the conversation regarding odor, dyes, etc.

@esmerelda: One of HSN's longtime hosts, Shivan Sarna, is filling in for Diane during her absence. She's doing a very good job, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~