Trusted Contributor

Watch your shopping carts and purses!........better than I watch mine!

I will admit I'm guilty of leaving my purse, unattended in my shopping cart sometimes. I don't walk away from my cart, but I do turn my back on it quite often. I know, I know....shame on me! I am too trusting, I guess, and I just don't think about it.

Anyhow, I was shopping at Aldi the other day, and I had my back turned to my cart looking at the different cheeses. I turned around and noticed my cart was gone. My first thought was that one of my sisters or a friend had seen me and they were playing a joke on me by moving my cart to teach me a lesson. I looked around and didn't recognize anyone I knew. Then I looked, and halfway up the frozen food aisle was my cart. As soon as I spotted it a lady walked over to it and put something in it and proceeded to push it along a few feet where she started putting something else it it. Of course as soon as I saw her I hurried along to get my cart.

I approached her and told her she had my cart. I know she was terribly embarassed as she started gathering her things out of my cart. She apologized and told me she wondered how so many things had gotten in her cart. I told her it was my fault for not watching my cart more closely. Obviously this left her cart unattended, too, one aisle over, but she was smart enough to be carrying her purse on her shoulder.

I am really going to try to be more mindful and careful with my purse. There are very dishonest people in this world, and I don't want to have to learn a hard lesson.

Be careful with your purses, ladies!