Honored Contributor

My husband buys our watch batteries at the dollar store!  Check the expiration date before buying...he changes our batteries....the jeweler charges to much....yes, I realize that not everyone can change their own battery. 

Respected Contributor

A few years ago I tried to get a watch battery changed at WM but was told they only do that for watches purchased there....

As this service is so expensive anymore, I gave away all my “ fashion “ watches and wear only my good one.  Its battery lasts a long time and will be taken to my jeweler to change out.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: Watch batteries

[ Edited ]

I have my DH or a guy coworker take the back off for me, and I get the matching battery on ebay, I just got a 5 pack for under $3. I have a lot of old Joan Rivers watches and the battery is usually the same for all of them.  Then my DH puts the battery in and replaces the back, it is easier to put the back on, then to take it off. 

Super Contributor

@GCR18  Walmart was always my go to place for watch batteries, until they closed ALL the jewelry departments in our local Walmart stores. What a shame. Now I guess I will have to find a jeweler who will probably charge much more.

Honored Contributor

When I wore a watch I always did it myself. 

Sometimes it was a pain to find the notch to get the back off.

Honored Contributor

I havent worn a watch since getting a phone a few years ago Smiley Happy 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Sears

Esteemed Contributor

Around here I can go to Batteries Plus and they are good.  Seems like it is about $8.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I have a lot of watches that need batteries. Not a lot of jewelers in my area that are convenient to get to, or really at all. Various issues with those stores like parking and them wanting you to come back later or next day when it’s hard enough to get there. So I’m wondering is there somewhere I don’t know about that’s convenient to get a watch battery that I don’t know about? Like a department store or a Walmart or something? I’m so fed up. TIA. I’ll take any suggestions.

@Grouchomarx 

You can find them at Target and Walmart, BUT they won't put them in the watch for you anymore that part you'll have to do yourself....The watch batteries are usually at either the Jewelry Department or sometimes in a display on the top of the cabinet in the Electronic Department near the cameras......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Thanks for all your replies. I don’t trust myself to figure out how to do it myself. I tried that once with removing links and that was an epic failure. Guess I’ll have to schlepp it out to the jeweler.