Honored Contributor

Re: Watch Ariana Grande Manchester Benefit Concert Live!

So.......to sum up:  this was a wonderful concert for a great cause.  Let's all remember that and the victims who lost their lives or were injured.  Prayers for them all.

@KingstonsMom- Thank you for starting a positive thread.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

So.......to sum up:  this was a wonderful concert for a great cause.  Let's all remember that and the victims who lost their lives or were injured.  Prayers for them all.

@Venezia

Yes, what I take away and will never forget were the faces in the crowd, mostly so young and many with tears streaming down those beautiful innocent faces.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Thank you @Venezia, @itiswhatitis

That's what I intended it to be, but of course threads here don't always follow the message intended by the OP. Smiley Sad

Oh well, I tried.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Am I wrong or wasnt she the one that said she hated America?

You've never been angry with your government?  I have.  Rightfully so. What's the big deal @Imaoldhippie?  She was even younger when she said that.  

The big deal is there needs to be the understanding, at even younger ages, that some things you say can't be taken back.

Being angry with your government, your parents or your spouse and speaking out words you don't mean or cannot take back, in anger or frustration are bad enough. But to do it publicly, especially when you have an elevated position in the public, has it's ramifications, and these young celebs who think they can say and do anything need to realize there might be long term consequences to the things they say and do (like have it brought up for years, have it affect their fan base or ticket sales, or their future).

We all know young people need to make their mistakes, figure out the person they really want to be. She got a big wake up call about the real world when this happened at her concert. She will never see life the same. She is changed forever, and hopefully for the better. 

But none if it will erase what she may have said or done in the past, and it isn't some kind of score card where those things get erased. It is all just a part of building who she is today, and will be in the future. The good, the bad and the ugly, they are all a big deal.

@Mominohio that doesn't matter.  What matter is if she meant it.  The context in which she said it (and where) leads me to believe she said what she said during a moment in time as a young woman.

Even if it were true (how she felt) what would be wrong with it?

If you think it doesn't matter then there is no sense discussing it with you because you don't get it or don't believe in the premise that words do indeed matter. Words you mean matter, and words you don't mean matter as well. 

Those who want to excuse/deny/forgive the 'mistakes' of youth don't do service to the young. Of course we all have said/done things, especially in our youth that we either didn't mean, shouldn't have said/done, or know that with age and experience, could have been said/done/handled differently or better or not done at all.

But the fact remains that many of those things, had long lasting consequences, and someone telling the young 'it's ok, you can say what you want' or 'they are young, they will learn', don't address that fact. What we say and do (and those we don't say or do), at all ages is important. It matters not whether it is PC, 'right' or 'wrong', whether we mean it or not. There are consequences, and for those making big money in the public forum the consequences can be bigger and longer lasting because of it.

It's the real world. Not everyone will understand their youth or forget what they have done/said. Consequences.

@Mominohio I don't buy into the notion that we can't speak to our displeasure of our own society.  Thank goodness we still have this privilege.  If she meant it ~ I don't care.  If she didn't mean it in the literal sense, I still don't care.

This is America and we still have a right to question our government; be wary of it, and voice our displeasure with it.

Where do you get that I somehow think we don't have a right to speak our displeasure of our government or any other thing.

My point, (which is obvious, but I think you simply like to stir the pot) is that there will be or may be consequences for doing so. People will remember, and may form opinions (negative or positive) based on it, and it very well could effect future endeavours.

Denying that in one's self or in the defense of others is of very little use. Just keeping it real.

@Mominohio so why bring that up in this line?  Who cares?  Why do you care to bring up the consequences.  YOU came to stir the pot of a good line which was speaking to all the money raised.

Why do this?  We all know, but this is my last post to YOU on this subject matter.  I don't want to get @KingstonsMom's thread closed and locked.  Shame on you and those who are aiding you.

I bring up consequences on these boards often, because many people think there aren't any or that we shouldn't have them, or hold people responsible for what they say or do.

Keep the shame, as I have none. I speak the truth, that everything we do in life has consequence some good some not. 

Why you seem to need to be in such a fuss about that is beyond me.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

Me too....Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I cried when she sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  I prefer her to Katy Perry who at 32 years should know that you can't win over the terrorists by hugging it out which is what she said before the benefit concert. Ariana seems to be closer to her family, mother in particular and they are not stupid people. I'm sure she has been forever changed by all of these events.   

Honored Contributor

@truffle

I cried too during Over the Rainbow.Heart

It was beautiful.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...