Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 You don't owe me an explanation.  I just game my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

I think we're all guilty of wasteful behavior like ordering packages from qvc that never get around to being opened. 

Honored Contributor

The Q display "waste" is NOTHING compared to what grocery stores have to toss every day because of expiration dates, damaged packaging, etc. .....  (or you can compare it with the world population.....or a dumpster behind a restaurant)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I've never thought that all the food they have out on display was the real deal; only the items they cut into and/or eat. I imagine the reuse it for the display so it's just packed away till next time. 

Same thing when they sell plants. All those plants are fake. Really GOOD fakes but fakes. 

A friend of mine was an artist who was hired to design and set food displays up for photo shoots. It amazed me what she used to replicate wonderful looking food. I haven't looked at a magazine or any picture of a food item without thinking "oh, is that glue? Baby powder? Tennis balls dipped in brown colored bread crumbs?" etc.  If QVC does this, then the amount of food they're throwing out is minimal; maybe a plateful if that.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

you eat only filet mignon? Woman Embarassed you must be pretty well off 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wasting Food!

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

unbelievable at best, an outright lie at worst.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Would you eat it?  I sure wouldn't eat that food.  If I won't eat it, I'm sure not going to give it away for others to eat.

Who knows how many people touched it and how long it's been under hot lights.  It's the cost of doing business and safety first.

Respected Contributor

That is mentioned in almost every post..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

My feeling is why don't they just taste the food like they used to?  I will never believe that a person is going to contract Covid through food.  I think that a lot of the same food is shown throughout the day so I can see not eating something that was cooked or baked 24 hours ago for demonstration purposes.   For instance when selling cookware, they show the same casseroles or cookies  all day.  I also think that a lot of the time these vendors are on another set, not at home.  

Just taste the food again!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

That is mentioned in almost every post..

Which, if  true, she comes off as a snob, and if it isn't true, then she is lying.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.