Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I love Colorado. Our mayor was on the news the other day and said the population, just in my county, will increase by 250K people by 2030. I've lived here for over fifty years and I have never seen so many people moving here like they have in the past five or so years. It's incredible.

Well, there is that whole Colorado Rocky Mountain, um, high... thing... Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

In candor, I can only say 'love' a city I've actually been to and not one that I hope to get to one fine day... Likewise, I don't think one can honestly dislike a place one has never been, especially based on nothing more than bad press... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I love Colorado. Our mayor was on the news the other day and said the population, just in my county, will increase by 250K people by 2030. I've lived here for over fifty years and I have never seen so many people moving here like they have in the past five or so years. It's incredible.

Well, there is that whole Colorado Rocky Mountain, um, high... thing... Smiley Very Happy

My friend lives in Loveland.  I visited a few years ago, I absolutely loved it.  Such a nice city.  I went to statue park, I think thats the name lovely statues everywhere. She also took me to Estes Park.   It is a very nice place. 

Respected Contributor

About 20 years ago we flew out to Seattle and stayed at the national park that's on the coast near there.  It was beautiful.

It was fall and very wet.  There were forest fires and rock slides.  The Hoh was shut because the roads leading to it were broken up.

The driving was a bit of an adventure, but there was never a dull moment.  One of the outstanding features were these 6 inch lime green slugs on the trails. 

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@SuhseK wrote:

Washington is the 1 of 3 states I haven't been to yet. The others are Hawaii and Alaska. I'd love to visit Washington sometime.

Washington is a really beautiful state. I lived there until I was 10. When you visit, go in August, when it is sunny, otherwise it will rain the whole time you are there. Also, when you go, take the ferry boat to Vancouver BC. and be sure to go to the locks in Seattle.

Trusted Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@SuhseK wrote:

Washington is the 1 of 3 states I haven't been to yet. The others are Hawaii and Alaska. I'd love to visit Washington sometime.

Washington is a really beautiful state. I lived there until I was 10. When you visit, go in August, when it is sunny, otherwise it will rain the whole time you are there. Also, when you go, take the ferry boat to Vancouver BC. and be sure to go to the locks in Seattle.

--------

I've lived in Washington State, my entire life, and it most definitely, does Not rain, endlessly, in every month, but August. 

It might rain a lot, when you visit, or, it might not rain, at all. 

Western Washington (west of the Cascade Mountains), is wetter, than  Easten Washington, and definitely wetter, than the central part of the state, for instance, the Tri Cities area. 

Late Spring, into early Fall, are the best times, to visit, climate wise.  

On the plus side, we don't have hurricanes, tornadoes, major flooding, or huge ugly bugs 🤪

The Canadian border, is still closed, but, I agree, Vancouver, BC, is a Beautiful city! Another  British Columbia city, to definitely visit, is the smaller, wonderful, British Columbia capital, Victoria, located on Vancouver Island.  

Esteemed Contributor

One other achievement for Washington is to be a state with a remarkable low COVID death rate.

As a resident of your neighbor to the south, we appreciate that.  Of course Oregon's is lower, but we love ❤️ you.