Esteemed Contributor

Do you wash your car at home?  I'm giving it some thought, but do I really want to buy a car washing brush, special soap, another bucket, and add another chore to my list.  Just thinking I could do this at my own time.  No rushing to the car wash.

Respected Contributor

Re: Washing Your Car at Home

Yes. My husband refuses to go to a carwash...he thinks it damages the finish and since he seems to enjoy this task, I don't argue with him.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

When we had a car!!  we always took it to a car wash.  Had no desire to deal with washing it ourselves.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We never wash our cars at home. It's to hot.  Even in the morning it will be in the 90's by 8 am.  I live 5 minutes away from 4 car washes ( probably more) and I usually use Costco. 

Respected Contributor

I used to always wash my car at home when I lived in the Midwest. 
But here in the desert, the water is so hard that my car was covered in water spots before I could finish washing one section. 

Now, I usually go to Costco or a local franchise. 

Respected Contributor

When I was younger I often washed the cars myself.  It was a pleasant chore on a nice day.  Went to car wash in cold weather.  It saves a lot of money.  No need for a separate bucket.  I prefered a large sponge as a brush can scratch.  A step stool is needed to reach the top of SUV.  Old towels are good for drying.  

Now I am 70 and don't have the energy plus my back hurts, arthritis in hands.  One car now and I keep it garaged to stay clean.

Respected Contributor

We do both.  Only take to a car wash (one tht i also done by hand) when really in need of it.  Did one long trip and have a second one coming up.  When I return I will take it to the car wash.  

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't this what grandkids are for?  😂

Honored Contributor

i either use a carwash OR we hire a detailer for a deeper clean both inside and outside. he comes to our home to do the detailing. i get that done to each car about 4 times a year or so.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We are not allowed to town rules.The water drains into the lake and that is not allowed.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.