Trusted Contributor

Re: Washing My Hands So Much

I found this product at Trader Joe's that I use several times a week or when I think of it actually, which is when something dry is up with my hands.

Trader Joe's Antioxidant Facial Serum for all skin types.  I use the two pumps recommended for the face and spread it around my hands, keeping it away from the nails.  It's amazing how the two little pumps can cover a large area and it dries super fast.

I also spot treat because I have one problem spot that's like a face blemish on my hand. I like spot treating better than using hand lotion all over because of the one spot.

Trusted Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

Washing my hands so often, much longer than 20 seconds, using so much soap and hand sanitizer, and with very warm water has caused me to have a small red patch on the back of one of my hands. (I do wear gloves when I can.) It itches and burns like eczema, which I've never had before. I've tried all kinds of lotions that help little if at all, and I tried Vaseline which made it burn. I'm now using a mild soap, turning the temp down to plain warm, and found relief in argan oil.

I have had the same thing across my nuckles on both hands. Burning and itching and very red. I think I must have burned my hands with the hot water? I have used Aloe, and several anti-itch/burn creams without a lot of success. Most things have alcohol in them which cannot be good. I finally stopped using anything (including lotion) and using cold water to wash my hands and drinking more water and I see an improvement.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've always have been a hand washer. Now that I've been held up in my home for the past few months, I only wash my hands when I have to. But, my whole life, upon entering my home after an outing, I've always headed right to washing my hands. I can't stand the feel of dirty hands!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily. I have had issues with the skin on my hands having all kinds of problems in cold weather. What works the best on them for any skin issue is 100% pure African shea butter. It is kind of greasy stuff so I'd put it on before bedtime and in the morning my hands were miraculously healed up overnight ( redness, bleeding cracks in skin, itching, redness, whatever). That stuff is miraculous! It is kind of hard right out of the jar so you warm it up in your hands to melt it and then rub it in. It can also be used for many other things(softens your hair, on your face to soften skin --- lots of uses and healing properties). Do make sure it is 100% shea butter.
Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

Glad I succumbed to temptation of B&B soap sales last winter!  Surprised how they don't seem drying.  

Me too @Twins Mom !  This is one time my addiction to those B&B soaps paid off, ha ha. I just keep hitting my stash in the closet. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett