Respected Contributor

Re: Wasco incident (warning disturbing story) 😒

@cheriere wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@cheriere  Its so crazy! To think that these people the night before had dinner, maybe talked with friends and then the next day commit such an awful act- its so nuts! I think sometimes people can see the warning signs, but I don't think anybody was prepared to witness or even visualize something like this in the news today! 

That's so true!  No one on earth would expect to read such a crazy story like this in the news.

@cheriere  And the crazy thing is, just when I think I've read it all- something like this happens! The construction workers who encountered this guy were so shocked and horrified.  I don't even know how they held the camera steady enough to film it- I would've been pretty freaked out if I were them.  I wonder if the person who did this will even remember it the next day? Smiley Surprised

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lgfan Really?

"California might be giving Florida a run for its money in a horrifying incident."

This is not a frequent occurance here in Florida. What prompted you to say this?

Honored Contributor

This is NOT FORUM MATERIAL!

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Xivambala

I copied and pasted a story. I did not say anything about Florida.

I think the writer of the story was referencing the crime listed below:

"A Florida frat boy who murdered a married couple and chewed the face of one victim could be free in as few as six months after being deemed not guilty by reason of insanity this week.

Michelle Mishcon’s sisters said prosecutors told them Austin Harrouff could get out of a mental rehabilitation hospital in a matter of months after Monday’s controversial plea deal was announced — on the same day his trial was supposed to start.

“They told us that he’ll now go to some sort of mental hospital, but it’s not a place where people are held for long,” Cindy Mishcon told The Post. “You go, you get treated, you get out.”

She said staffers from the Martin County State Attorney’s Office gave them a rough release window of just six to 12 months.

Harrouff, now 25, butchered John Stevens and Michelle Mischon in their Jupiter, Florida, garage with a machete in 2016, and was found by police gnawing on Stevens’ face as he lay dying.

The grisly slayings shocked the country after it emerged Harrouff left a bloody mess across the couple’s driveway and garage and sheriff’s deputies described how the college student was growling like a dog and had abnormal strength — with several deputies needing to pull him off of Stevens."

Austin Harrouff butchered a Florida couple in their garage with a machete in 2016.AP

Honored Contributor

Mental illness is not unique to any state. There are seriously troubled people everywhere.  

Valued Contributor

@lgfan 

Ok, fair enough. Perhaps in the future when posting you can identify the origin of your material such as TV news, newspaper, editorial, etc so there can be no confusion.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Xivambala wrote:

@lgfan 

Ok, fair enough. Perhaps in the future when posting you can identify the origin of your material such as TV news, newspaper, editorial, etc so there can be no confusion.

I clearly stated that I read the following disturbing story.  It was all over the news for a few days.  I didn't know there was any confusion.  The story clearly states KGET and TMZ.

Honored Contributor

p.s.  If we really 'think' about it, each of us on this planet has ancestors from not only hundreds, but thousands of years ago.....

Who knows what any one of them's personality/demeanor was like.

Nice, not so nice, gentle, not so gentle, peaceful, not so peaceful, etc.

Our individual demeanor could be in our genes originating from thousands of years ago.

They do say that certain traits (good or bad often skip generations. 

Something to 'think about'........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).