Respected Contributor

Re: Was "chatting" with an Instacart shopper today

I always get the select a size Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love select a size.  Although I am not a huge paper towel user.  A roll usually lasts me several weeks.  A warehouse store size package lasts me forever.  But, I could not get them in April.  I still use a lot of microfiber, toss and wash, color coded for bathroom and kitchen.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like select the size. 

Respected Contributor

I don’t use enough paper towels to have a preference.
Trusted Contributor

Definitely prefer select a size.  I find myself tearing off corners of the full size paper towels which were the only ones I could find.  I also hate 2-ply anything.  For me it's a waste.  One ply does just fine.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

Oh goodie, say the neighbors. Now, people are flushing paper towels down the toilet. [*sigh*]

Beyond that, I agree with the OP. I've not yet jumped on the "select-a-size" bandwagon, and don't intend to. Luckily for me, I've been able to find Bounty and Great Value's premium toweling in full sheets.

But P.T. Barnum was right again. Other than the ones complaining on almost every media platform that they're "selecting" 2 so-called sheets, and getting three (something about wayward perforations 😉), people aren't "selecting" much of anything; they're just grabbing and hoping--usually, ending up with more, especially in homes full of kids--while manufacturers see dollar signs. What's hard to believe is that some people think that manufacturers want the buying public to use fewer, or smaller, sheets. 

Select-a-Size is the biggest ripoff since "concentrated" bleach.

@Moonlady 

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.  I have never, ever had an issue tearing off the half sheet or whole sheet from the roll.  But I use Bounty; maybe some other brands are not perforated as well.

So open minded of you to insinuate that the the rest of us who do like select-a-size are "suckers" by referencing that P.T. Barnum quote.  Have a nice evening. 

@shoesnbags, I'm glad I am not alone in wondering about this paper towel diatribe.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@songbird  I hated it...until I tried it. A friend did me the favor of picking some up paper towels for me at Sam’s some years ago. So I got a big 36-roll package of select-a-size. Of course I wasn’t going to complain to her.  She did me the favor. But then I started using them, and now I won’t buy anything else.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, this household never buys anything but select-a-size! Love them and glad they give us the option!