Honored Contributor

Re: Was "chatting" with an Instacart shopper today

@songbird   I much prefer the Select-A-Size.  That's the size that I need.  I consider the full sized paper towels a waste for my needs.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

you can't use 2 together to make a full size sheet? 

Paper towels can be limited to 1 package per customer because of all the extra cleaning businesses have to do.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

And I had requested Wegman's regular paper towels. It wasn't there and she replaced it with Wegmans' select a size paper towels.  I told her to refund me.  I hate select a size.  She said she hated it and her mother (who works at Wegmans) hates it too!   She's about the 4th or 5th person I've known who hates the select a size.  Bounty was the brand that started it.  Now that's all you see.  Getting harder and harder to find regular (and in print too!)  My husband hates it and insists that I search for the regular towels. So search Amazon etc for them.  Anyone prefer the select a size?  

I do. I was an inveterate towel-ripper until they came out with the half-sheet perfs. Brawny is my brand, and now they've added vertical perfs as an option. I have a package of those towels but have to use up what I have first. It's slow going because using half-towels makes the roll last soooo much longer, LOL.

Respected Contributor

I always but the select-a-size.     Before they started making those, I used to tear the regular sized paper towels in half because they were too big.   So, I was glad to see the select-a-size.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

I love selecta a size.  Just grab two if one is not enough.  DH is a real tightwad in his retirement and constantly rips even the small ones in half.  I find half sheets (really quarter sheets) laying all over the house.  Better than those guys that take three for everything they do.  

Super Contributor

If I find only the large size, no "select a size" I just make my own. Cut them in half. Why waste all this paper & the energy that goes into making them?

Trusted Contributor

I prefer the select-a-size Bounty.  Half a sheet is enough to dry my hands and if I should need a bunch to clean a window for example, I tear one time off the roll; the equivalent of 3 or 4 full size towels.  Hope this is more clear than mud 😊!

Esteemed Contributor

Selct-a-size all the way.  What I can't see are the newish ones offered by Brawny Tear a Square which are quarter sections.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I prefer select a size paper towels.  The regular ones are too wasteful.

Honored Contributor

I only buy select-a-size paper towels. It's a waste to use a full sheet. Most tasks only need half a sheet.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.