Valued Contributor

Re: Was it Stupid Hot Today Where You Live?

Stupid HOT in La Salle Illinois. 80 degrees and yep....I tire that ac cover off the unit that was on for winter lol ...the house therm read 81....and the dogs thanked me for it!

Tomorrow, 31 and snow but what's more crazy is come the weekend it will return to the high 70s.

Had tornado warnings around 6 pm, funnel spotted 20 miles north of me. This is what happens when hot and cold clash. It's starting a bit early.

Valued Contributor

In the low Southern California desert, we often use the a/c in February. I'm going to enjoy the 80s because very shortly it will be Soo much worse. I'm sorry that others are already suffering with high temps.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  They're gettin' ready for a windfall

@Kachina624      Oh YEAH!     The largest provider in Phoenix.....and it isn't even a municipally-owned company.....They are listed on the NYSE!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  In Texas, they used to have "summer rates" that were high than winter.  The summer blend of gasoline is also higher in price.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

93 South Texas

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  In Texas, they used to have "summer rates" that were high than winter.  The summer blend of gasoline is also higher in price.

@Kachina624      Same here.    I would like to "say something" about  what I think of the  State Corporation Commission   (you can guess!)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No, and wow!

It was 'chilly' today.

Hooded sherpa jacket, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles 

We'll switch locations tomorrow.  87 today, tomorrow, 52.  That's window-opening weather for me.  I hesitated to turn on the AC today.  Our Trane heat pump will be 24 years old later this year.  I've been waiting for a couple of years for it to give up.  When it does give up, I hope it's in the winter.

Honored Contributor

@gtx 

95??!!  We're normally a couple of degrees cooler or warmer than you.  I'm 65 miles east of Dallas.  I KNOW we didn't get that hot.  Bless your heart.  What is tomorrow's high?

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

Two weeks of rain Smiley Surprised  I'd like that in August.  I don't think I can afford my normal water bill this year and probably from here forward.  It can be well over $200 with a sprinkler system in TEXAS.  You guys probably have lush green lawns without having to do much water.