Respected Contributor

I had costume jewelry from Macy's stolen last year.  UPS said they delivered it to the Postal Service for delivery. A few days later I called the Postal Service and they said they never received it and switche the online notification back to UPS.   

I had taken screen shots from both places prior to contacting the USPS and Macy's refunded my purchase. 

A lot of people on the Next Door Neighbor app mention that they receive online notices that packages have been delivered to them but they haven't received them. Sometimes they are returned to the original recipient by the neighbor who may have mistakenly received the package. 

We have a "canine" doorbell who alerts when a delivery person enters the yard. 

Regular Contributor

Four years ago someone in the know at UPS ripped off a $550 small package that came to me.  It was gone within 20 minutes from delivery.  ONLY package I had stolen in 25 years at that house.  ONLY one of that value.

Coincidence?  I don't believe so!  I filed a police report and American Express refunded me.  So if you have AmEx, put anything valuable on it!  

Valued Contributor

USPS isn't much better lately. I had a post person track my package to my porch on a Sunday. Wasn't there and I had been watching all day. From Ulta, so they resent but one item I had ordered was out of stock. I opened my mail box Saturday and saw a parcel locker key. In it were two packages for a lady in another building. The apartment manager said said she had several reports of this. Hope everyone is honest. 

Sent two boxes via UPS today. Hope they make it. The clerk wanted to know what was in the box, for insurance sake. I tried to make it as boring sounding as possible.

Regular Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@Kachina624  completely agreet!  Especially the Amazon delivery people.  The regular UPS delivery person actually does ring the doorbell. But I watch the tracking like a hawk.  I've lived in my house 16 years and this is the first year that I've ever had anything stolen and it was a box of dog food.

@DrKelli Our mailman rings the bell, but none of the others do.  

Regular Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

If we could just get the delivery people to ring the doorbell.  I even have a sign asking them to ring right where they put the packages but most don't bother.  I had 4 packages delived yesterday that sat out until well after dark when I checked tracking and saw they'd been delivered.  Earlier in the day, it was not mentioned on tracking that they were out for delivery. 

---------------------

Same thing has happened to me!  Delivery by Post Office, but did not know until I looked outside and there were two packages.  Since then, I have asked her to ring the doorbell if she drops some at the door.  But, before she will do that...she stuffs as much as she can in my mailbox!!   

How I wish I had my past Postman back!!  He would always bring packages to the door and ring the bell!

@corita A few months ago our sweet mail carrier came to the door and knocked and handed my husband a package and said he was so sorry but he had been ordered to NOT bring the mail with packages that came to the door.  He had to leave the mail in the box.

He retired and it's been that way ever since with several other carriers we've had.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Warning About UPS Theft

[ Edited ]

I don't know about anyone else but I can watch where the Amazon delivery vehicle is located and how far away it is to our house.

Once I check the order and see it is out for delivery I just watch the package tracking.  It will tell how many stops away from our location.  The green dot is Amazon and moves as deliveries are made across the map of our area.

I realize not everyone may be home but this has always worked for us.

Just a suggestion.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

The states are using covid stimulus money to pay for rent and heating bills.  That, along with 250 or 300 per child per month and the big increase in snap benefits is all a person must need. 

Trusted Contributor

Almost everything I have ordered recently has been coming UPS. So far, the tracking updates are crazy. Got one this morning telling me one order was out for delivery now...but it arrived last week. Another update said a pkg that arrived Dec.6  would be shipped Dec. 20.I haven't ordered anything via Amazon Prime recently, but one of the boxes DH found on our sidewalk this morning (didn't even put it in the porch) was from Amazon but belonged on another street.

Trusted Contributor

I had two expensive gifts I had ordered for my brother stolen from the USPS facility in Memphis many years ago. It isn't a new problem, but it sure is happening more now since online shopping just overwhelms all of these carriers now. 

Honored Contributor

I can't believe that people stoop so low as to steal.  Do they remember the 10 Commandments?  They probably don't know what they are anyway but its very sad that people steal.  It seems that every year during December stealing is rapid.

kindness is strength