Respected Contributor

Re: Warby-Parker for contact lenses, eyeglasses, or sunglasses?

I was thinking of ordering contact lenses from them as a 90 day supply would be about $35 less. However; when I talked to the local shop that I get them from, they said if I showed them proof of the lower pricing they'd match it. 

I know several people that have ordered glassed from them and have been very happy with the results. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

I did a trial with Warby Parker.  It was very easy and truly 100% free.  I received 5 frames to try and then sent them back.  I was ready to order, but then found out they didn't accept my vison insurance.

Honored Contributor

I had no idea they even had any brick and mortar stores.  I thought it was all done via internet.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Isn't it fun when you're wanting to get new glasses and new frames and when you try them on and look in the mirror you can hardly see how they look because you need glasses?

@shaggygirl   lol. That's not an issue for me. I have graduated bifocals, mostly for reading and the top distance area has very little correction. I had the lenses put in my sunglasses so when hubby's driving, I can check emails/texts.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Isn't it fun when you're wanting to get new glasses and new frames and when you try them on and look in the mirror you can hardly see how they look because you need glasses?

@shaggygirl - that would be me. I have get up really, really close to the mirror to be able to see the frames on me.  If I even step back one step, I really can't see how they look on me. 

I do pretty well sitting at the desk where they write up the order and fit you. My eye doctor has mirrors at each desk and the lighting is better and I can see better there. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@sgraham30    Definitely 5 Stars for WP!! The glasses I'm wearing now came from there. They were 1/3 the price of the previous store I purchased my glasses which includes the lenses! They make their own lenses which cuts out the middle man and can therefore lower the price.

Customer Service is impeccable. I walked in and was immediately greeted and paired with with an associate who assessed my situation....low bridge, small face and went immediately to many choices of children's low bridge frames. I chose a clear frame since with white/silver hair and fair skin, all the darker frames were the first and only thing you saw on my face. The SA agreed that my dark brows set them off and my now brighter lip color balanced out the look. I was quite impressed w/ their expertise. I also have the issue of fitting the glass's stems of fitting underneath my hearing aids, without being too tight. They delivered on all counts. 

I received an email "How Did We Do" within 2 days and each time I go to have an adjustment (free) by an onsight optician, I receive another email to make sure I received spot on service. 

Since I've had my glasses, I've referred several people who are ecstatic with their frames and service. I'll add that my Warby Parker store is 40 minutes away. It's worth every mile!!!

I agree 100%.  My last two pair + 1 sunglasses have been from them.  The sunglasses were way more $$ than than the regular glasses, like triple but I loved them until I lost them a couple of months ago.  I didn't know they do contacts now.  I'm looking into going back to those this year so will check theirs out.  

WP is great.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl - that would be me. I have get up really, really close to the mirror to be able to see the frames on me.  If I even step back one step, I really can't see how they look on me. 

I do pretty well sitting at the desk where they write up the order and fit you. My eye doctor has mirrors at each desk and the lighting is better and I can see better there. 

@gidgetgh Yep, waaay up close. And still do the chin lifted high, chin down low thing trying to find the sweet spot. They should hang a 10x magnification mirror on the walls for people like us. And like you I find that counter mirror (that's what you sit at where I go) much better for some reason. Perhaps that one is somewhat magnified and they just don't mention that. 

Honored Contributor

I have never ordered from them but in the case of contact lenses, I would make sure to do your research and find out what type of material they use for them.

Remember all the ads for Hubble Contacts and how cheap they are?  That is because they are made with cheaper materials, much of which name brand contacts discontinued using years ago.     

Respected Contributor

@geezerette there's a WP about 2 blocks from my job (downtown Philly).

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@geezerette there's a WP about 2 blocks from my job (downtown Philly).

@DJs mom 

That's neat! 👍

The closest ones to me are at least a day's drive!