Super Contributor

Re: Want to feel better about life as we know It?

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Full story from the blog:

"I see it almost every day when I get my caffeine fix. People are rude to strangers when their caffeine isn’t served up right.

For instance, just yesterday, the customer standing in line in front of me accidentally spilled her coffee. It held up the line as the barista quickly made her another one. She was visibly upset, and seemed embarrassed. And coming from the line behind her, a chorus of sighs and groans.

As I sat at the table next to her later on, I could hear her on her cell phone. And what I heard broke my heart. She had just lost her son three months ago and was really struggling over the holidays. I’m sure the impatience from strangers hurt her more than someone who wasn’t struggling with such a massive loss

Then I looked up at the barista who had made her another coffee, free of charge. She was struggling to keep up with the busyness when the customer she was with started arguing with her after she messed up his order. “It’s not so hard to get it right is it? I told you the order twice,” he barked.

That is the epitome of a person who has no feelings towards his fellow man.  Knowing me, had I witnessed an outburst like that I would have stepped in to put him in his place.  I just cannot tolerate that kind of behavior.

Beware, too many incidents of violence by entitled people toward members of our society 'who cannot tolerate that sort of behavior'.

Sometimes, I wish our societal mores included the Amish 'shunning'.

Early societies did include this, which meant exile and possible death. Life was much more intertwined with others then. Now, there is the seperation or anonymity of a faster/digital time. No, I'm not laying blame on electronics.

For the love of Pete-pleae dont start that.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE 

Aha! 

The power of being nice!💗💗💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 

We have been watching the show “Broadchurch.”

You struck a good note with me when you mentioned “shunning.”

In the show, the small community did this in fact to a member who had committed a crime against them.

It did work and in my mind, brought up the fact that we rarely do this any more.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Spurt 

Today I stopped in a little shop that specializes in beautiful children’s things.

It appears to me that this shop might be having a hard time staying in business.

So I asked the lady (who appeared to be the owner) if she would like me to leave a good review on FaceBook ad her face lit up, just like that!

Sometimes it can make both the giver and the receiver feel better to offer something thoughtful!

@LTT1 

Great story!

It takes so little effort to bring a smile to someone and pick up their spirits, and you feel as good as the recipient.....I wish more people would take the time to do it.....we'd have a happier world!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@libbyannE 

Aha! 

The power of being nice!💗💗💗

@LTT1 

So true. I wasn’t trying to be nice or to gain any advantage, either. Thousands of people were crowded into airports all over Europe at that time, so I knew to relax and not expect or dare to hope that I might get home that night. (Being stuck in Amsterdam, which I love, wouldn’t be bad, I told myself, even though ?I was traveling alone.) Even the shopping at Schiphol airport makes a delay kinda fun!