Honored Contributor

Want to capture those little flies, gnats, fruit flies?

They must come out this time of year.  Anyway this is what works for me.

small round dish, dish soap, and apple cider vinegar.

Mix last two in the first one and cover tightly with Saran Wrap type of cover.  

Take a small knife and put 3 small holes in the top, allows them to get in, but not out.

Give it a few days, they get in and die.  Replace when you like.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Want to capture those little flies, gnats, fruit flies?

A small cup ,or glass, apple cider vinegar, saran wrap, punch some holes in wrap,after putting on glass.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

Those little gnats come from outside. I set up one of those Raid hanging ribbons that flying insects stick to.  I don't have gnats this time of year but when it was warmer there were a ton of them that landed on the strip which was hanging from one of the eaves near our front door.  They would have entered had it not been for that when we opened and shut our door....they are hard to see when they fly in but so many attached to the sticky ribbon, I had to take it down and throw it away and hangup a new one a few times during the summer.  I have not seen gnats come from our drains.  Those Raid sticky strips are approved for indoor use for those interested.  We never kept one hanging indoors though.

Respected Contributor

Pottery & hearth fly trap. Qvc has several models

Honored Contributor

DH has a jar of apple cider vinegar with a drop of dawn dish soap mixed up in a jar. He just put some clean apple cider vinegar in it. It had lots of gnats in there. I could not believe all of them. They must be gone now since no more has got in the jar the past several days. It really works. LOL!!!

100_3914.JPG

Honored Contributor

Nope. Just a ff trap with apple cider vinegar does the trick. And by November we're all done! This Fall was terrible for us this year. But by the first freeze and they are all gone till nex Fall.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Nope. Just a ff trap with apple cider vinegar does the trick. And by November we're all done! This Fall was terrible for us this year. But by the first freeze and they are all gone till nex Fall.

@ID2 

That's what I told DH.  There has been no more gnats in the jar. Time to wash it til next year.

They were really bad this year. Never have had that many flying around the house. It was driving me crazy.

Honored Contributor

Small glass of red wine works for me. 

Bleach down the drain works too.  I got the drain flies once, and they were hard to get rid of.