Respected Contributor

Re: Want to buy a returned blanket but afraid might get bed bugs

[ Edited ]

My experience with these blankets is they cannot take a hot dryer. The fibers sort of melt and get stiff and you will lose the softtness. You need to line dry them or use no heat in the dryer. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

I understand your concern, but at this point you do not know it is a return, and if so, you do not know if it had even been removed from its original packaging.

I go with the other poster who suggests a hot water wash plus a cycle in the dryer.  I would do this with something even asolutely brand new, and I think this would take care of any issues you might think you have.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Looks like all colors are available now.   Not all returns are used so I'd probably go for it with a blanket.   I don't buy clothes online ever.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

I  wouldn't buy blankets, sheets, or any other type of bedding knowing they were returned items.

Respected Contributor

I love the Northern sheets, but if I thought they were used or returns I wouldn't keep them.   I bought pillows once that were repackaged so they looked unused, but I could see they weren't and sent them back.  Not sure anyone could fold up sheets to look new.  

~~
Trusted Contributor

You can pick up bed bugs anywhere.  I read that you can even get them by resting your head on a movie theatre seat.  You can get them through packages in the mail.  Yep, they're bad.

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

I bought a Berkshire blanket that shed up my nose and down my throat.  Threw it out!  Also, bed bugs are so tenacious, they use FREEZING to try to eliminate them!

Studies have shown that freezing bed bugs is not effective. Professional exterminators use heat to eliminate them.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why you'd buy a returned item when new ones are in stock now. The item you linked should be new. It's not marked "As-Is" where used items are. If you buy a new item and think it was used, call customer service and send it back.

Honored Contributor

You can tell if the item is a return by the label on the plastic bag it comes inside. If the label is rectangular, its brand new. If its a square label, its a returned item that has been repackaged. I see this at times on clothing I buy from here especially if it has been on waitlist.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

You can tell if the item is a return by the label on the plastic bag it comes inside. If the label is rectangular, its brand new. If its a square label, its a returned item that has been repackaged. I see this at times on clothing I buy from here especially if it has been on waitlist.

In most cases I'm sure that's true but my pillows were carefully repackage by the buyer I'm sure.  I know people do this in stores all the time.  For some reason they think it's better to return something 'new'.

~~