Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Kachina624, that sounds like fun.  We do a ski trip once a year usually in Feb.  Some years even in Feb the slopes are getting a little ratty on the lower trails, but I also don't like the cold so I don't want to be there when it's frigid.  Once they didn't even open the lifts until around lunch because it was too cold.  I was miserable.  It's currently in the 90's here, and I'm trying to trim hollies in this heat.  

@Icegoddess.  Strangely, it hasn't been anywhere near 90° here in the desert Southwest.  We had a high of 45° yesterday.  It will warm up this week-end.  The mountains are expecting more snow tonight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Chilly and  windy over here, too.   I spent today wrapped in a mohair blanket.....reading a VERY lengthy book(!!)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I'll trade ya.....90/91 here and the humidity is just as high...it's a steam bath....normally it's not as humid....but I'm counting our blessings no tornaoes as the northern part of the State has experienced...my heart goes out to those folks....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I don't ski, but please take me out of this heat!  The older I become the less I can tolerate heat.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Water or Snow skiing ?  I guess it depends on where you live? 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  I was wondering how you were faring.   I did the same thing yesterday trying to stay warm.  It doesn't seem as chilly this morning.  Supposed to get back to normal this week-end.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt.  It's all that rain and standing water that make you so humid.  It hasn't been anywhere near 90° here yet this spring but it wont be long.  It has been totally weird; cool and rainy.  We normally get no rain until July.

Honored Contributor

Re: Want to Go Skiing?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt.  It's all that rain and standing water that make you so humid.  It hasn't been anywhere near 90° here yet this spring but it wont be long.  It has been totally weird; cool and rainy.  We normally get no rain until July.

@Kachina624 

.We did get a nice rain first part of the month but it was quickly absorbed in the ground...its dried out.  We don't have any standing water here....haven't gotten much of anything at all the last few weeks....as my cousin would say, "just enough to drown a gnat" I think I counted 7 drops this week.....Its all North and East of us...

We had a weird summer one time that was much like yours..lots of flooding too...and of all times my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came to visit...my brother said if he knew it was going to rain so much he would've brought his fishing boat....😆

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee.  We had a high of 45° last Monday, high 30s at night.  Cloudy and overcast.  Most unseasonable, should be in low 90s.

I read that Oprah graced CC with her presence.