Honored Contributor

Re: Want Privacy on Facebook? Cough Up Some Cash 💰

I still can't believe anyone would sign up witout reading the TOU!

They TELL YOU they sell the information  .....  and you agree to  it !!!!

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

Maybe now people will wake up to what's going on out there with the online stuff in the real world. It has been talked about for some time, the mining and harvesting of data and the uncertain implications when we reached terabyte capacity, because the sophistication of algorythm would jump exponentially. Now they're working on quantum computing and answers will    be had instantaneously." Follow the money" is even more applicable and the big players more nefarious.

@skuggles

ITA .....   

Well, since people sign up for FB, and it's FREE, don't you think they would realize that FB still needs to pay for upkeep and payroll .... and still make a profit!     

Do they REALLY think Mark Zuckerberg just built this thing out of the goodness of his heart?   LOL!

Connect the dots, people, and stop acting surprised that your information is being sold.   

oi vey 

Honored Contributor

@QVCPhobe wrote:

The 87+ million who were affected should at least be notified.

There needs to be a class action lawsuit.

@QVCPhobe

Oh good grief ......    No, there doesn't need to be a "class action lawsuit".  

Are you on FB?    Well, you WERE notified in the Terms of Use you agreed to when you joined.    If you didn't bother to READ THE TOU when you signed up, that's not FB's fault.

Respected Contributor

@skuggles Yes, those cookies! Ugh 

I haven’t bought anything online via my computer for at least 3 years. I use my ipad or phone apps for purchasing. Not sure if this is any safer, but so far I haven’t had any problems. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2

Its not surprising they seem to be following Google's lead.  Google charges if you want to opt out of advertising thats sent to you becasue of your "personal interests"  .To me its nothing but pure simple GREED!!!!  Is Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg not satisfied with his BILLIONS !...Woman Frustrated Woman Mad....Maybe Tom Anderson should bring back MySpace and it make more secure......It looks like Facebook needs some competition.....

A friend told me but I haven't heard it, unless you have a certain number of friends they are thinking of charging those accounts too....Woman Mad  Has anyone heard anything about this???????/

@handygal2  BTW love your tag line.... Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Something about that doesn't seem right.  I won't pay anything.  I have nothing on my personal page that anyone would care about.  

@GCR18

Google offers that paid option already.....its a sign where these internet companies are going!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@QVCPhobe wrote:

The 87+ million who were affected should at least be notified.

There needs to be a class action lawsuit.

@QVCPhobe

Dont you know a legal firm will take up the cause....but it will probably only end up making some lawyers richer........

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

If it ever costs money to be on FB I will stop being on FB  Smiley Happy

@CherryHugs

What is sad is that many non-profit organizations. charities, and small businesses have come to rely on their Facebook Pages to exist.....With postal rates rising I doubt it would be economical to go back to mailing info......And Instagram is also a mess with privacy issues, so I wouldnt go either..............

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

Maybe now people will wake up to what's going on out there with the online stuff in the real world. It has been talked about for some time, the mining and harvesting of data and the uncertain implications when we reached terabyte capacity, because the sophistication of algorythm would jump exponentially. Now they're working on quantum computing and answers will    be had instantaneously." Follow the money" is even more applicable and the big players more nefarious.

@skuggles

ITA .....   

Well, since people sign up for FB, and it's FREE, don't you think they would realize that FB still needs to pay for upkeep and payroll .... and still make a profit!     

Do they REALLY think Mark Zuckerberg just built this thing out of the goodness of his heart?   LOL!

Connect the dots, people, and stop acting surprised that your information is being sold.   

oi vey 

@Tinkrbl44

Seeing ads on a website is one thing to pay for Tech  personnel and maintenance---  thats how most companies make their money, (or they put an ad to view before you can view a video on a website or You Tube), or make you enter your email and send you sale promotions, but the way Facebook does it, that goes way deeper than that---allowing companies to mine information that advertisers dont really need, but exposes people to Identity Theft! 

Honored Contributor

Never had FB. Gave them free info.