Honored Contributor

Re: Want Privacy on Facebook? Cough Up Some Cash 💰

That information has already been sold, I would not pay any money in the expectations that FB would start doing the right thing.

Respected Contributor

Maybe now people will wake up to what's going on out there with the online stuff in the real world. It has been talked about for some time, the mining and harvesting of data and the uncertain implications when we reached terabyte capacity, because the sophistication of algorythm would jump exponentially. Now they're working on quantum computing and answers will    be had instantaneously." Follow the money" is even more applicable and the big players more nefarious.

Respected Contributor

The surge in online shopping has come with a hefty privacy price tag. Pop up ads showing the exact item I looked at have replaced the catalogues that once clogged my mailbox. At least the catalogue couldn’t track which item I took a closer look at. It’s creepy. Our lives are becoming more transparent to outsiders with every new app we use. 

Respected Contributor

@SunValley Have you ever looked at the list of tracking cookies in your cache? More reason than ever before to constantly empty it, because blocking all cookies leads to a website that won't load, and that's the only option unless you want to stop using the internet..  Who's accessing that info and exactly what are they doing with it besides ad targeting? 

Respected Contributor

Want privacy on Facebook?  Don't be on Facebook. If you're already on, close your account.  That's what I did.

Sounds simple to me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m not defending Facebook but they have to get their money in some fashion.  They can only offer a free website as long as someone pays for it such advertisers who use the data to advertise.   At this point, even if I paid to opt out I would never trust that it was truly kept confidential.

Valued Contributor

The 87+ million who were affected should at least be notified.

There needs to be a class action lawsuit.

Super Contributor

A local radio personality closed his account, got confirmation, went back a year later and it was still there.

Honored Contributor

If it ever costs money to be on FB I will stop being on FB  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

YES you can delete your FB account and if you log back in with your Password you can get back in!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller