Respected Contributor

There's no shortages or lines at stores where I live.  Everything is good for a change.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

North Western PA here....I was in Walmart on Thursday...the only shortage was on....TURKEYS!!!

NO whole turkeys..Not ONE..I had thought of buying a smaller one ( I live alone)..it didnt' really bother me because I don't care for white meat, will eat it, but not my favorite, so I got chicken thighs and drumsticks instead.

That was the only apparent shortage I saw....everything else looked well stocked.

They had both front doors open, but counters at each door. I go early as possible so it was not too crowded. More elderly people shop that hour, and MOST of them are masked and distanced ( I'm 64). Sefp preservation rules thier day.....

I DID see a few maskless idiots in the aisles, I just turn around and avoid them.

Always gonna be that few entitled jerks who wear the mask in and remove it once inside. 

Then they wander the aisles and fresh fruit/veggie areas, with the look of sheer ignorance and defiance on thier entitled faces.

O well. I try not to, but I can hope. Just don't make ME sick, you moronic fools.

Of course in real life, the people like ME who are considerate of others are usually the ones who end up paying. We live in a very small town, little hospital...few ICU beds...if they are full, you're gonna be flighted to the next place which is 75 miles away.

And, NO visitors allowed in ANY of our local hospitals. 

I HATE selfish people.

A few thoughts - 

1 - Some may have good reasons not to wear a mask (ie asthma - people in my state are exempt for this and other health issues).

2 - It would be better for you to give the benefit of the doubt instead of being so judgmental (ie karma).

3 - I was taught that 'hate' is a four letter word. I think there's too much of it in the world these days and it's sad to see that you're choosing to add to it.

I'll leave it at that.

While there might be a rare few that have real issues, most of those that say they are exempt just do not want to wear a mask!!  I was wrongly diagnosed with asthma and treated for it for nearly 20 years and one of the things I was told was told was to wear a mask when  working outdoors, being around scents when out and about where strongs scents are.  There are plastic mask guards to wear under masks that make breathing for everyone so much easier and great for glass wearers.  I was correctly diagnosed with Vocal Chord Dysfunction and a mask can cause my vocal chords to narrow but the mask guard prevents that.  Even without  it I would never think of using that as an excuse!  

I find it interesting that you know for a fact the medical condition and/or motivation of others.  Anyone not comfortable around someone not wearing a mask should simply avoid them.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

North Western PA here....I was in Walmart on Thursday...the only shortage was on....TURKEYS!!!

NO whole turkeys..Not ONE..I had thought of buying a smaller one ( I live alone)..it didnt' really bother me because I don't care for white meat, will eat it, but not my favorite, so I got chicken thighs and drumsticks instead.

That was the only apparent shortage I saw....everything else looked well stocked.

They had both front doors open, but counters at each door. I go early as possible so it was not too crowded. More elderly people shop that hour, and MOST of them are masked and distanced ( I'm 64). Sefp preservation rules thier day.....

I DID see a few maskless idiots in the aisles, I just turn around and avoid them.

Always gonna be that few entitled jerks who wear the mask in and remove it once inside. 

Then they wander the aisles and fresh fruit/veggie areas, with the look of sheer ignorance and defiance on thier entitled faces.

O well. I try not to, but I can hope. Just don't make ME sick, you moronic fools.

Of course in real life, the people like ME who are considerate of others are usually the ones who end up paying. We live in a very small town, little hospital...few ICU beds...if they are full, you're gonna be flighted to the next place which is 75 miles away.

And, NO visitors allowed in ANY of our local hospitals. 

I HATE selfish people.

A few thoughts - 

1 - Some may have good reasons not to wear a mask (ie asthma - people in my state are exempt for this and other health issues).

2 - It would be better for you to give the benefit of the doubt instead of being so judgmental (ie karma).

3 - I was taught that 'hate' is a four letter word. I think there's too much of it in the world these days and it's sad to see that you're choosing to add to it.

I'll leave it at that.

While there might be a rare few that have real issues, most of those that say they are exempt just do not want to wear a mask!!  I was wrongly diagnosed with asthma and treated for it for nearly 20 years and one of the things I was told was told was to wear a mask when  working outdoors, being around scents when out and about where strongs scents are.  There are plastic mask guards to wear under masks that make breathing for everyone so much easier and great for glass wearers.  I was correctly diagnosed with Vocal Chord Dysfunction and a mask can cause my vocal chords to narrow but the mask guard prevents that.  Even without  it I would never think of using that as an excuse!  

@Pook, you are so right!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I am always very pleased when the stores are counting customers. I would much rather wait than be in the store when it is crowded. The stores that count are the places I want to shop in.