Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Walmart has people stealing TV's between their legs while using long, long trench coats to cover up and acting like they're just fat or pregnant.

women take pregnancy test kits into the bathroom, get their results and pitch in trash.

mothers let their kids eat pastries without paying for.  same goes for fruit.

We all pay for this, they mark up the produce to take into account loss of fruit by mothers letting their kids think it's alright to help yourself to the grapes, bananas, apples.   

Husband used to work there I know. People bring back bobby pins. Wear the shoes out over a season, then, bring back the smelly shoes and whine "I want refund". People steal stuff, then, come back and want cash saying they have lost their receipt.   They clamped down on that c^ap though.   As far as I know, no receipt, no refund.

I wouldn't own a store nowdays if you hand me the keys. FREE. Nope.

@SharkE   Yes.  Because everybody is a victim and not responsible for their bad behavior.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am single and shop at Sprouts. I do not find them to be more expensive then King Soopers. In fact, this week they have buy one and get one free. I saved almost $42.  I would encourage you to try them. I buy a lot of vegetables and fruits from them.

Honored Contributor

So when 'brick and mortar' stores boo hoo how they're being squeezed out by places like Amazon...etc.   I'm convinced this is ONE reason why!

I don't do self-check.  I'd rather wait (and I did today) in a line than check out my own stuff.

I seldom go into a store to buy a few items.  Prices are going up, up and ...well...up.

Yet, customers are not getting better service or products.  Quite the opposite.

It's the same everywhere (i.e. Post Office, for one....same thing).

I used to try to buy local.  I felt like I was helping people who lived nearby by shopping at stores locally.

I don't think that way anymore.  I've given up.  I'm tired of paying higher prices and getting less.

I'll sit at home and order as much as I can on line and have it delivered to my home.  I can sit and pick out what I think is the best price and with a few clicks order it (no shipping).

My friend (most of the time) will do self-check.  Good for her.  She's had to wait in (STILL) lines while people try to figure out how to scan, pay, etc. 

I think I must have ding dong written on my forehead because (with her with me) I agreed to go through the self-check but before I could start (both times) the manager showed up and took over ringing up (helping) me with the self-check.

Works for me (and made everyone behind me happy).  No self-check for me.  But thanks.

Honored Contributor

Only pop in if our market doesn't have a household item we need.

The smell of fast food coupled with the off-gasses of cheap polyester imported clothing is enough to make me gag.

Tar-jay isn't much better.

Blech.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Walmart in our town has taken out 4 registers. Seems they are encouraging customers to use the self check outs.  I have been lately since I dislike standing in long lines.

Also did they always have a 90 day return policy on clothing?   If they did, I guess I always returned things sooner since I didnt realize this. Tried to return today and it was past 90 days.  Smiley Sad

My local Walmart has been like that for years.  I think there are 15 plus registers but only 1 (2 if lucky) are open.  They have a lot of the self check outs.  My local grocery store, Kroger, is the same way.  Got rid of a bunch of wait in line registers and added more self check out to both sides.  I don't mind using self check out for just a couple of things.  But, in general, I don't like to do it at Kroger.  Though, I do bag better than they do,

Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart ???

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Walmart has people stealing TV's between their legs while using long, long trench coats to cover up and acting like they're just fat or pregnant.

women take pregnancy test kits into the bathroom, get their results and pitch in trash.

mothers let their kids eat pastries without paying for.  same goes for fruit.

We all pay for this, they mark up the produce to take into account loss of fruit by mothers letting their kids think it's alright to help yourself to the grapes, bananas, apples.   

Husband used to work there I know. People bring back bobby pins. Wear the shoes out over a season, then, bring back the smelly shoes and whine "I want refund". People steal stuff, then, come back and want cash saying they have lost their receipt.   They clamped down on that c^ap though.   As far as I know, no receipt, no refund.

I wouldn't own a store nowdays if you hand me the keys. FREE. Nope.

@SharkE 

But ya know that stuff is nothing new......A relative used to be a store Manager at JCP back in the 80's several customers right before the new school year started would bring back their kid's school clothes and shoes from LAST year claiming they "didn't wear well".....My relative refused to give them a refund because they wore the items all year, customers complained to the main Corporate Office and they got their refund....Free school clothes each and every year.....

Same thing with clothes especially party dresses around New Year's Eve and June weddings.....ladies wore the dress to the event and then returned them for a refund....the dresses had  makeup on them and reeked of perfume......

And people have always helped themselves to the fruit at the grocery stores...and I remember seeing a man get caught for hiding meat under his coat...

And you are right, we all pay for these things in form of higher prices!

Woman Frustrated Woman Mad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The Walmart stores in my area have done the same thing and it's so irritating. When I shop there, I buy far too much to use self-check - there is not enough room in the bag area for my purchases. I read some time ago that they are raising the hourly rate of workers, so I'm not at all surprised that there are now fewer check-out clerks and more self-check kiosks. That's usually what happens. Thankfully I'm retired and don't have to go to that crazy place on the weekends!

Honored Contributor

If I have just a few things I dont mind using self check at our grocery store,HEB....

But at Walmart there are always long lines, and only one or two manned cashiers and long lines at self check...and it never fails at self check---something wont scan and waiting for someone to help takes a long time....At Target lots  of manned cashiers but long lines at both manned and self check...the Target does a booming business...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart ???

[ Edited ]

I don't shop at Walmart, but I ALWAYS use the self checkout whenever available, so I don't have to deal with the MORONS who talk or text on their phones in the regular checkout lines.

Honored Contributor

Local Walmart recently added 4 more self-checkouts...now about 10.  When they lower the prices, I'll think about using them.  Saving a lot of money by having us do all the work.

Yes, Walmart has had 90 day returns as long as I can remember.