Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

North Western PA here....I was in Walmart on Thursday...the only shortage was on....TURKEYS!!!

NO whole turkeys..Not ONE..I had thought of buying a smaller one ( I live alone)..it didnt' really bother me because I don't care for white meat, will eat it, but not my favorite, so I got chicken thighs and drumsticks instead.

That was the only apparent shortage I saw....everything else looked well stocked.

They had both front doors open, but counters at each door. I go early as possible so it was not too crowded. More elderly people shop that hour, and MOST of them are masked and distanced ( I'm 64). Sefp preservation rules thier day.....

I DID see a few maskless idiots in the aisles, I just turn around and avoid them.

Always gonna be that few entitled jerks who wear the mask in and remove it once inside. 

Then they wander the aisles and fresh fruit/veggie areas, with the look of sheer ignorance and defiance on thier entitled faces.

O well. I try not to, but I can hope. Just don't make ME sick, you moronic fools.

Of course in real life, the people like ME who are considerate of others are usually the ones who end up paying. We live in a very small town, little hospital...few ICU beds...if they are full, you're gonna be flighted to the next place which is 75 miles away.

And, NO visitors allowed in ANY of our local hospitals. 

I HATE selfish people.

A few thoughts - 

1 - Some may have good reasons not to wear a mask (ie asthma - people in my state are exempt for this and other health issues).

2 - It would be better for you to give the benefit of the doubt instead of being so judgmental (ie karma).

3 - I was taught that 'hate' is a four letter word. I think there's too much of it in the world these days and it's sad to see that you're choosing to add to it.

I'll leave it at that.

While there might be a rare few that have real issues, most of those that say they are exempt just do not want to wear a mask!!  I was wrongly diagnosed with asthma and treated for it for nearly 20 years and one of the things I was told was told was to wear a mask when  working outdoors, being around scents when out and about where strongs scents are.  There are plastic mask guards to wear under masks that make breathing for everyone so much easier and great for glass wearers.  I was correctly diagnosed with Vocal Chord Dysfunction and a mask can cause my vocal chords to narrow but the mask guard prevents that.  Even without  it I would never think of using that as an excuse!  

Respected Contributor

Same story in my part of VA.

Honored Contributor

They are also limiting admittance at big box stores in NM.  In addition,  they've closed down two Super Walmarts in Albuquerque  because they had 4+ cases of covi19 among employees in a 14 day period.  They'll be closed for 2 weeks.  This happened to 6 stores in the state including one Target.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

RE Masks and Asthma..

My sister is a retired RN from NY, she worked twenty five years as a nurse, and she has asthma all her life.

She wore a mask EVERY DAY OF HER CAREER. 

She worked mostly in the cardiac care unit.

Then, Covid came along. We all know about New York and Covid. She said she could not beleive the people who said "I didn't think it was real" or "I didn't think I could/would get it".

Many of them DIED....and a lot died ALONE.

Wear a mask. 

Ask ANY nurse you know, or first responder, or your own doctor.

There simply are NOT as many people out there "with asthma" who "can't wear masks' as are people who are just TOO SELFISH or STUPID to listen to science.

I don't care what people want to do in thier own homes or around their own family. But in public, in stores that have a mask rule, wear the mask.

You are NOT special. 

Just like the people who use those electric carts and block aisles and stop to have loud long conversations with people. The "look at me I'm special" crowd.  They walk INTO the store, then use the electric buggies. Doesn't make sense.

I don't get it. And I DON'T make excuses for selfishness.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Not here.

I asked my son (who works there) and he said nothing has changed. In fact, the crowds are even bigger due to the Snowbirds arriving and the holidays. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

RE Masks and Asthma..

My sister is a retired RN from NY, she worked twenty five years as a nurse, and she has asthma all her life.

She wore a mask EVERY DAY OF HER CAREER. 

She worked mostly in the cardiac care unit.

Then, Covid came along. We all know about New York and Covid. She said she could not beleive the people who said "I didn't think it was real" or "I didn't think I could/would get it".

Many of them DIED....and a lot died ALONE.

Wear a mask. 

Ask ANY nurse you know, or first responder, or your own doctor.

There simply are NOT as many people out there "with asthma" who "can't wear masks' as are people who are just TOO SELFISH or STUPID to listen to science.

I don't care what people want to do in thier own homes or around their own family. But in public, in stores that have a mask rule, wear the mask.

You are NOT special. 

Just like the people who use those electric carts and block aisles and stop to have loud long conversations with people. The "look at me I'm special" crowd.  They walk INTO the store, then use the electric buggies. Doesn't make sense.

I don't get it. And I DON'T make excuses for selfishness.

@Othereeeen. I use one of those electric carts and resent and am offended by your thoughtless remarks.  I have a number of lower back issues causing me extreme pain after less than 5 minutes of standing.  There are many things I'd love to be able to do but cannot.  I can make it from a handicap parking spot into the store but no further.  I do not stop to chat and don't block aisles.  I rarely see others doing this.

I only hope you never have to experience a life-changing loss of mobility.  It could happen to anyone at any time.  It makes life very difficult.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I heard a medical expert on the news state that anyone who is so ill they can’t breath with a mask on isn’t going to be going to stores. Not wanting to wear a mask isn’t a good enough reason to put the lives of others at risk. 

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

North Western PA here....I was in Walmart on Thursday...the only shortage was on....TURKEYS!!!

NO whole turkeys..Not ONE..I had thought of buying a smaller one ( I live alone)..it didnt' really bother me because I don't care for white meat, will eat it, but not my favorite, so I got chicken thighs and drumsticks instead.

That was the only apparent shortage I saw....everything else looked well stocked.

They had both front doors open, but counters at each door. I go early as possible so it was not too crowded. More elderly people shop that hour, and MOST of them are masked and distanced ( I'm 64). Sefp preservation rules thier day.....

I DID see a few maskless idiots in the aisles, I just turn around and avoid them.

Always gonna be that few entitled jerks who wear the mask in and remove it once inside. 

Then they wander the aisles and fresh fruit/veggie areas, with the look of sheer ignorance and defiance on thier entitled faces.

O well. I try not to, but I can hope. Just don't make ME sick, you moronic fools.

Of course in real life, the people like ME who are considerate of others are usually the ones who end up paying. We live in a very small town, little hospital...few ICU beds...if they are full, you're gonna be flighted to the next place which is 75 miles away.

And, NO visitors allowed in ANY of our local hospitals. 

I HATE selfish people.

A few thoughts - 

1 - Some may have good reasons not to wear a mask (ie asthma - people in my state are exempt for this and other health issues).

2 - It would be better for you to give the benefit of the doubt instead of being so judgmental (ie karma).

3 - I was taught that 'hate' is a four letter word. I think there's too much of it in the world these days and it's sad to see that you're choosing to add to it.

I'll leave it at that.

@ThinkingOutLoud, the number of people who truly cannot wear masks for health reasons should not be in public places.

I will freely judge thoses who flout the rules because they are risking others' lives.

"Hate" is a strong word. There are many other valid words to describe such people. However, most of us have used the word "hate" fairly often in our lives in so many ways that I can see some using it here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

If even a store is doing crowd control, how can anyone still feel that is OK to go?  Pickup works and your family and friends will be safer too.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

If even a store is doing crowd control, how can anyone still feel that is OK to go?  Pickup works and your family and friends will be safer too.

I feel just fine going to the grocery store and any other place I need to go into...small business is especially hurting and needs all the support they can get.