Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart+ vs. Amazon Prime

@Nightowlz 

As I understand it, the person who brings our groceries to the car when we pickup at WM, is not the person who picked them. And you are correct that WM does not allow tips. That would also put their workers at more risk; they want us to stay in the car with windows up. We can thank them by doing the quick survey we get with out receipt after we pickup. We can say good things there. I don’t know what, if any, extra compensation the workers might get from a good review.

Esteemed Contributor

Not even close.  Amazon all the way.  I am a Prime member, no shipping and movies whether I want to see them or not.  lol   Fast fast fast shipping... most of the time.  And if there is ever a problem they solve it immediately.  The customer comes first..not the seller.  

Trusted Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

Amazon Prime wins, hands down. Amazon ships and you usually get your items within 48-72 hours, their return process is brilliant and easy, and they offer detailed descriptions and reviews of products. With Walmart, you get very little info about the product, shipping is iffy and sporadic, and their return process is, in my experience, a total nightmare.

I'm don't care for Amazon's return scam.  Suddenly, they don't refund returns to my credit card.  They put refund on a "gift card".  I never authorized that and do not want it.  So I'm paying the credit card but I have a credit on a "gift card".  Quite a scam, huh?  Sounds like money laundering to me. 
I've had a long conversation with them already, so it's time for action, thus, my curiosity about WM+.

Wondering if you knew they ask if you want your return to either a credit card, debit card or Amazon credit which is the gift card.  I never ever had a problem with returns and they have always credited which one that I choose.  Amazon does NOT scam!

Super Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@GenXmuse  I agree with you.  I had a recent return and was asked if I wanted the gift card or original method of payment.  I chose the latter.

The CS people I've had contact with (especially during the pandemic) have exceeded by expectations with a variety of situations that arose with various items I needed and I cannot praise them enough.  

I have always been given a choice of a gift card or credit back on my credit card. It has always been that way as I have been a customer for many years & have returned items. Amazon has always been fair & if I need a replacement instead of a refund it has been so easy & never been a problem. When you are returning an item there is a choice after you state why the return & it will give you either a choice of gift card or credit on your credit card. Also they email you to confirm how you wanted to get the refund. I just don't think either you aren't doing the refund correctly or you are overlooking the page where they give you the option. 

Esteemed Contributor

@furbaby: II pay for all my Amazon purchases (easily several thousand $ a year) with my Amazon c.c.  I frequently have enough of a balance of Amazon points that I get small items at no additional charge.  Last Dec. we got a new surround sound system and used over $100 in points towards it.  We have bought many bigger ticket items from them 

( 2 echo Studios, "60 Room t.v., Roomba, etc).

Super Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@pdlinda wrote:

@GenXmuse  I agree with you.  I had a recent return and was asked if I wanted the gift card or original method of payment.  I chose the latter.

The CS people I've had contact with (especially during the pandemic) have exceeded by expectations with a variety of situations that arose with various items I needed and I cannot praise them enough.  

I have always been given a choice of a gift card or credit back on my credit card. It has always been that way as I have been a customer for many years & have returned items. Amazon has always been fair & if I need a replacement instead of a refund it has been so easy & never been a problem. When you are returning an item there is a choice after you state why the return & it will give you either a choice of gift card or credit on your credit card. Also they email you to confirm how you wanted to get the refund. I just don't think either you aren't doing the refund correctly or you are overlooking the page where they give you the option. 

Also I want to state that I have ordered from Walmart but will not again as you can't compare the 2. Amazon has much more choices & I find if I want something from Walmart they are always out of stock.

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia   There is no "scam"!!!  I have always been give a choice of a gift card or original method of payment.  

Frequent Contributor

I placed a large pantry order recently with Walmart. I was disappointed: some items arrived the day promised. Other items straggled in one or two days later. 

I stopped Amazon Prime. You can always count on their delivery, but their prices are much higher than Walmart. 

Respected Contributor

Prime is more than just free shipping. Or movies. We never watch movies but almost all our TV watching is through Prime or Netflix. I'm not going to pay for WM+ since I can always order enough to get free shipping.

Valued Contributor

For many, many, many years, any returns to Amazon were credited back to my credit card.  Then suddenly, as I stated originally, maybe three months ago, they started the scam of putting refunds on gift card which I never requested or authorized.

They say, no, they cannot move the gift card amount to my credit card and, no, they cannot send me a check for the gift card amount.  

Yes, that IS a scam.